Nicky's big book giveaway for Welsh learners!

That’s great Nicky will the DM be on Slack?

Hi Tricia,

I’ve sent it over to on here, on the SSIW forum

Can I also mention, just incase people worry about taking money out of the authors’ pockets, I have only ever read the first chapter or so before buying the book for myself if I like it. I’ve bought at least 10 books for myself off the back of this.

2 Likes

Never knew you could do that. You learn something new every day on this forum, and not just Cymraeg. Diolch Nicky.

1 Like

Shw mae, @Nicky?

You’re certainly right about one thing - the Dysgwr y Flwyddyn trophy is yours and yours alone. You don’t get on in DyF for being able to speak Welsh (I’ll admit my hand in that!). DyF is a reflection on what you do with your Welsh, and as this gesture shows, you are constantly thinking of ways to promote the language and to help your fellow new speakers. So please don’t try blaming us for your success. You wouldn’t be able to pass your trophy to us for love nor money…

And thank you for this awesome idea. I love it!

Iestyn

7 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau Nicky! Really kind gesture.
It was good to chat with you in Maes D when I was on coffee duty!

1 Like

Thank you @Nicky. The “mismatch” the list is wider than just amount of Cymraeg I speak already though.

1 Like

Nicky dictionary arrived in perfect order this morning but it will soon be dog eared. Donation sorted. Thank you again so much for such a kind gesture.

2 Likes

I have Pocket dictionary but now that you have that big one I’d like to know (if there’s any knowledge you have) is the font (script) of this bigger version any bigger also. Pocket edition is a bit too little for me to search in it. I do my best and struggle to do that anyway but if there’s larger font in it I won’t hesitate to buy me bigger one.

Thanks.

Hi Tatjana. I have a copy of the bigger dictionary which I’ll check when I get home :slight_smile:

OK. Thank you.

Hi Tatjana. Just checked… Definitely bigger text. Not large print by any means but a bit bigger than the pocket sized one :slight_smile:

Nicky, many thanks again. ‘Fi & Joe Allen’ has arrived safely, and as luck would have it, it’s just started raining, so I have the perfect excuse to settle in for a lazy Friday afternoon’s reading :slight_smile:

Diolch o’r galon unwaith eto!

3 Likes

Thank you very much in deed @Nicky. This is information I really needed. :slight_smile: Diolch.

1 Like

It’s arrived. Diolch yn fawr iawn @Nicky!

4 Likes

Wow, fair play to the Postmen and Postwomen. I must have only posted that at about 3.30pm yesterday!

I hope you’ll enjoy! I wrote a review of it for the Welsh Books Council that you’ll find here…

http://www.gwales.com/bibliographic/?isbn=9781845216825&session_timeout=1

Its a really good story, fair play to them!

2 Likes

Superb!..about the book, not the weather!

1 Like

What a nice gesture!

1 Like

Fab thanks!

1 Like

Yes, well done Nicky. Such a kind and sharing act.

2 Likes