SSi Forum

Norfolk meet-up

I note from the SSiW map of learners that there are several people like myself in the Norfolk area. Would a group walk be a good idea, Welsh only to be spoken, perhaps, something like an on-foot boot-camp! Please respond if interested in organising something.
Janice Lingley

There are definitely SSiWers in the Norfolk area - what a great idea to go walking and practising your Welsh there!

I’ll pop a note in the Weekly Newsletter for you and let more people know :slight_smile:

Hello Janice!

What a great idea - I would love to do this :grinning:.

Thank you!
Julie

Hello Julie,

Yours is the first response so far. I am just waiting to see if there are any more from the notice in the newsletter. Will contact you again soon.

Best wishes
Janice

Julie, have not had any further replies since I wrote to you. We could meet up anyway. Am on Level 3 Challenge 10 at present. I live in North Norfolk, Hoveton, which is on the Bittern Line. Whereabouts are you?

Best wishes
Janice

Deborah, I have only had one response so far, which is a little puzzling. It’s relatively safe to meet in the open air and anyway Norfolk has not been nearly so badly affected by Covid as other places. I would like an opportunity of practising my Welsh now I am into Level 3.
Janice

Hi Janice

Yes we could meet up - I am about 30 miles from you I think - near Swaffham. I finished Level 3 a while ago so that would be good :slightly_smiling_face:.
Julie

Hi Julie

Could I suggest West Runton as a possible venue for a meet-up if it’s not too far for you to travel? Norwich would be nearer, but am avoiding it as much as possible, just as a precaution. I don’t have a car, but West Runton is on the Bittern Line, so easy to get to. A Tuesday or a Friday would be convenient for me at present. Let me know what you think.

Janice

Hi Janice

That is about an hour away from me but doable :slightly_smiling_face:. Ref days I am fairly flexible . When were you thinking of?

Julie

Hi Julie

Friday of this week would be possible, any time (though could rain pm according to the forecast), or Tuesday 3 August in the afternoon, or Friday the 6th, any time. There is parking near the sea, at the Seaview Car Park. I could meet you there.

Janice

Julie,

If you would like to suggest an alternative venue that is not so far for you, please do. As long as it’s on a railway line via Norwich, that would be okay.

Janice

Hi Janice

I will have a look and come back to you :slightly_smiling_face:.
Julie