Northern Luxury Bootcamp - 17th to 24th April 2015

Singing’s uncomfortable for everyone when I do it. Which isn’t to say I’m not willing, it’s generally everyone else who encourages me not to.

Yip yip.

2 Likes

Syniad da Aran i mi hefyd. Mae’r gwers 10 yn her mawr!

1 Like

And remember the advantage we have this year … Two kitchens!

1 Like

Right guys, it’s getting nail-bitingly close now so I need to sort out one or two details please for my own peace of mind.

As you know I have the van hired from a place in Wrecsam (£410 for the week plus diesel) and I’ll be able to pick it up at 10am which means, after calling in Asda for diesel, I’ll be in Chester by 11am (traffic permitting). I can pick people up from pretty much anywhere in North Cymru (Kim😉) within reason so please let me know on this thread cgap (asap) what your plans are. You can even leave your car at my house if you want.

I think Anne said she’ll be getting into Chester train station by midday and then I’ll be heading towards Llandudno for Deb. Apart from that anything is possible … you don’t know until you ask.

Who else is coming with us? Anyone else coming to Chester? Does anyone want to drive to mine and leave their car? It’s still very flexible at this point.

This time next week you will all be together having a great time, robscully and Cath2! No worries at all. Last year was my 1st Bootcamp, too, and it was a wonderful, fun-filled week. Hard work, very hard, speaking Welsh all day. I was a bit blown out in the evenings, but sooo hapus iawn! I’ll be thinking of you all, and missing the dear friends I grew to love during Bootcamp. Joiwch!!!

4 Likes

Good man!!!

1 Like

As far as transport goes, Cath and I are intending driving up to the cottages together, so don’t worry about us please (well, ok, worry a little, it’s a long drive and we have to not get lost…).

1 Like

Thank you, i’ll also be making my own way there, I don’t live far away. When your plans are sorted and you ish kind of know what time you will all be arriving, that would be helpful!

Really looking forward to the week!
:slight_smile:

1 Like

It’s dead easy once you know to be honest, if you need to know just ask and I can describe the way. There are literally 4 turnings from Pwllheli.

Nice one Karen, I think at the moment it will be between 2:30 and 3pm but I’m sure a few people got there a lot earlier last year. Maybe @CatrinLliarJones our @aran can let you know the earliest time we can arrive?

I would much rather arrive a bit late than have someone struggle to get there at all.

1 Like

I’m anticipating it taking us about 5 hours to drive up, so anything much earlier than 3pm really isn’t going to happen for us - maybe 2pm if we were very organised, but I’m shattered from work at the moment, and I really don’t want to start the week more tired than I have to. I’ve got this niggling feeling it could be tiring enough on its own…

1 Like

Awww - thanks; good to know finding everything hard work is allowed :wink: My brain is likely to be mush most evenings… !

What he said :slight_smile:

FIVE MORE SLEEPS!!!

One, maybe two, for us insomniacs. :wink:

3 Likes

Must…resist…must…

2 Likes

[quote=“joanalciati, post:285, topic:929, full:true”]
This time next week you will all be together having a great time, robscully and Cath2! No worries at all. Last year was my 1st Bootcamp, too, and it was a wonderful, fun-filled week. Hard work, very hard, speaking Welsh all day. I was a bit blown out in the evenings, but sooo hapus iawn! I’ll be thinking of you all, and missing the dear friends I grew to love during Bootcamp. Joiwch!!!
[/quote]Diolch yn fawr :slight_smile: I am now wavering between excitement and blind panic. One thing’s for sure, when we get there I will just try and forget everything else in life apart from siarad Cymraeg and maybe that will help!

1 Like

I have the advantage of having been to Sarn many times before, so I know where I’m going. I’ll see you all there!

I’ll be making my own way there, thanks Gruntius. I’m hoping to spend a day in Anglesey beforehand and come direct from there.

Ok, thanks Rob and John. I’m not sure if that accounts for everyone now, I heard of Ian this afternoon too.

I hope you didn’t think i was trying to make out that anyone didn’t know how to get there, just offering a lift in case it was easier or cheaper really. No offense intended. :blush:

Haha. Dim problem! I never assumed you were being anything other than helpful. I can’t imagine any offense arising!

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue:

Well, I can’t speak for everyone else (especially if you want it in Welsh :stuck_out_tongue: ) but I’m a delight and definitely not worth panicking over :wink:

Look out for an email from Aran in the next 24 hrs with information on, and offer of a possible activity in Caernarfon. It will need a fairly swift a reply. I’ll also contact you with regards to sleeping arrangements very soon. :slight_smile:

3 Likes