Northern Luxury Bootcamp - 17th to 24th April 2015

Bring stuff for your breakfast on the Saturday and don’t worry about anything else. To be honest we just make it up as we go along and we will be passing a shop every day and at the very least can make a special trip. It’s not a problem.

4 Likes

Thanks, Gruntius. I can be decidedly grumpy (although not in Clarkson style) if I don’t get any breakfast, so I’ll follow your advice.

3 Likes

I will have gathered some basics as well as prepping Friday evening’s meal, so don’t worry. :slight_smile:

By the way…

Just in the throes of doing a Tesco order for Friday evening’s meal. Planning a big casserole of coq au vin with potato side and a veggie option. But on looking back through the Bootcamp thread, I only have dietary requirements/preferences from 10 of you.

So could I please ask you all kindly to respond again asap, so I can get on with the food order.

Diolch yn fawr iawn! XxxX

Gwych! I think I have almost everyone’s replies via email and the one or two I haven’t got! I know already, so dim problem.

So just to confirm, I’m bringing some basics (tea, coffee, sugar, some Cereal etc), as well as coq au vin with baby potatoes and bread rolls for dinner with a veggie optio.

I had promised cake also, but I’m sorry to say that I’ve been ill week and can’t see me stretching to baking as well. So if anyone fancies sorting dessert, then I’d be very, very grateful. Tubs of ice cream should do it. :slight_smile:

I’m counting on you guys for wine/beer for the evening and milk if you can. Diolch!

Also, please remember that on the Saturday there’ll be a trip to Pwllheli, so plenty of time to buy supplies!

3 Likes

Catrin, you mentioned earlier in the thread that we (in the bus) could call in to Asda for some stuff on the way. Unless anyone else arriving earlier volunteers then I’m more than willing to oblige (as long as Anne, Deb and Ian don’t mind).

Just a thought, as well as some icecream what does everyone think of waffles to go with it (one of our favourites)?

1 Like

Or we could pop into town in the afternoon for supplies?

We should arrive by 3pm :slight_smile:

Good idea Vaughan but calling in on the way through (we pass within about 7 yards of the entrance) would save driving back, taking about 15 mins each way. I think Aran will be keen to kick off proceedings asap and, as you know, you really don’t want to miss anything of the first evening if you can help it. :blush:

1 Like

Diolch Geraint, this is a great idea!

I’ve sorted tea, coffee (instant and ground), sugar, cereal, bread, marmalade, jam, butter, spread, eggs, dishwasher tabs. So breakfast should be sorted. Then we’ll be in Pwllheli again on Saturday.

So a stop in Asda for pudding and milk sounds perfect. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Iawn 'chan diolch, wna i rhoi rhestr siopa i ti…:wink:

1 Like

That’s very kind John, I’ve got a 24 pack of tuna that I’ll bring along, we have hundreds in the garage so I don’t think we’ll miss it. :blush: (we eat a lot of tuna.)

Conclusion - tuna makes you hairy and gives you a penchant for death metal… :wink:

4 Likes

Dolphin friendly? :wink:

Do I give you the impression of a dolphin killer? The only thing I kill is time.

You may be on to something there Catrin. I’m totally tone deaf though, I couldn’t tuna guitar to save my life. :guitar:

4 Likes

That’s fine with me Geraint. I’m not carrying any food with me, so will be happy to buy a few of my favourite breakfast things then too. Waffles, maple syrup and icecream sounds like a good (and easy) dessert).

1 Like

Lovely weather, wonderful Wales, friendly people, talking Cymraeg and improving your Cymraeg?#wish I was there!!
Hope you all have a brilliant time!x

5 Likes

Well it wasn’t an easy task, but the sleeping / bedroom arrangements have been done. My initial plan was to email them to you, but on reflection, it’s not such a good idea as many if you aren’t familiar with the houses’ layouts. So I’ll be there as you arrive to guide you to the right place.

We have tried to be as fair and considerate as possible, juggling factors such as genuine personal needs, gender, privacy and room sizes and layouts etc. The maximum sharing a room will be 2 and we have tried our best to give most of those ‘having’ to share a room, access to an en suite.

But before you all get excited, I have to tell you that the king size suite with the four poster in Deri Llyn has to go to Cath and Kev as they are the only couple attending. :wink:

But whichever room you end up in, I can guarantee ultimate comfort. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I advise you all not to stand within about five metres of her, unless you enjoy the Plague.

2 Likes

Easy usually means quick, I like my desserts but I don’t like waiting for them. :smiley:

2 Likes

What about me and Vaughan, we had to squeeze into a single last year.

2 Likes

Yeah, but there were four beds in that room…

3 Likes