Northern Luxury Bootcamp - 17th to 24th April 2015

I know there’s still 24 hours till we’re on our way but I still haven’t heard off Deb. If you’re there Deb, I’ve sent a private message and an email, just need to swap numbers with you so we can keep in touch tomorrow. I at least need to know where to pick you up. :blush:

O - I certainly wouldn’t have thought so - but then you never can tell :wink:
I hope you all have a great week :sunny: - you can hardly fail to.

2 Likes

Nomnomnom is roughly what I think of that :slight_smile:

Thanks Catrin :slight_smile: Hope you feel better soon!

Sorry Catrin, and far too late to be useful, but we don’t have any special dietary requirements.

It’s bootcamp day! A day of mixed emotions. 1. I’m obviously excited to go, I feel completely revved up for the adventure ahead, literally feeling my Welsh improving day after day. 2. I’m going to miss my family like crazy. I’m no different to anyone else in this respect, it’s so difficult being away from them, not being able to communicate through normal channels, just getting the odd text of Google-translated gobbledegook and maybe a photo once in a while about 16 hours after it was sent.

Let’s make this a great bootcamp. Emotions will run high but let’s make them positive ones, ones that push is forward, ones that leave us elated. Let’s go and live outside our comfort zone completely through the language of my father.

1 Like

One question I should probably ask…where are we going? :smile: We’ve got all our non-bootcamp stuff done that we needed to do today, so finishing packing and jumping in the car are what’s left.

http://www.bestofwales.co.uk/self-catering-holiday-cottages-north-wales-coast-sarnmellteyrnpwllheli-cottages-51814 I think, but I’m not seeing much in the way of postcodes or directions there.

Oh, is this today?

:scream:

For our lost adventurers, this should work (er, that Google streetview was, you’ll be glad to hear, taken quite a while ago!):

https://goo.gl/maps/oGHWv

Thanks. Is there a postcode so I can satnav it?

The closest I can get is LL53 8EA which is for Pretoria Terrace - which I’m guessing is the last row of houses you go past on the uphill track, er, road - so once you get there, you’ll need to keep on going for another two or three hundred yards until you see Gadlas/Deri Llyn on your right (they really are quite large, so reasonably tricky to miss).

Pob lwc! :sunny:

1 Like

I think I’m as excited as everyone else, and I’m not even on the camp!

excited voice: …when you in Caernarfon?! when you in Caernarfon?! (I owe you a pint for a start Aran! :wink: )

Ooh, do you really?! I’m sold… :sunny:

Dydd Mercher 4 o’r gloch am daith o gwmpas y tafarndai - £10 y pen efo Emrys y Cofi, croeso i ti ddod efo ni neu gyfarfod ni wedyn :sunny:

cwl, nai i ddod ar y daith hefyd - ond bydd rhaid mynd adre erbyn 5.30 ar yr hwyraf yn anffodus. Ond digon o amser i cael bach o hwyl dwi’n siwr (a dosbarth tapddawns sydyn am Cath efallai!).

Felly lle i cwrdd â chi?

1 Like

Brilliant! Emrys, has some great stories and is one of the legendry characters of Dre Cofi…I really wish I could make it to the Black Boy to join you all.
Looking forward to hearing all the campers stories in just over a week…Joiwch, pawb!!!

1 Like

Yn y Goron i gychwyn :sunny:

wela’i chi yno! :sunny:

2 Likes

Good starting point!

1 Like

@wondersheep it’s hawddy-pawddy, turn left at the roundabout after Pwllheli, turn right just after the 30 in Llanbedrog, turn left at the pottery place in Sarn, then next right. 200 yards up a steep hill. Catrin will be waving at the gate. :blush:

3 Likes

Anyone who is at all concerned about keeping in touch with loved ones whilst on Bootcamp can do so via me. I am more than happy to translate and pass on messages back and forth should the need arise at any time. We don’t want anyone to feel isolated and cut off and want everyone to relax and not feel stressed when thinking about family they’ve left behind.

I can be contacted via catrin[at]saysomethinginwelsh.com

2 Likes

Amser i fynd, nawr. Eek.

o/

1 Like

I am rushing to try and finish some work before I set off. Hopefully I should still be there by 4?

Also going through the bootcamp vocab units again at the same time!

Aaargh. I am so nervous about this, but inside I am sure I have so much cymraeg stuffed in my head it must surely come out when i’m forced to use it.

Diolch yn fawr for your comments about keeping in touch with family Catrin - although I often work away, its not often that I am completely out of contact with them for a whole week!

I think I may explode before I get there. Dwi’n gobeithio ddim!

1 Like