Northern Luxury Bootcamp - 17th to 24th April 2015

Don’t worry if you’re not - drive safely. You’re going to be fine, and we won’t start without you :sunny:

After setting off much later than originally intended, we’re also making much slower progress than I’d hoped, so we’re likely to be the wrong side of 4pm too.

No worries :sunny:

13 Likes

As it’s seen (according the video posted here from last year I’ve watched yesterday) it’s the same “old company” gatherred together again. Happy bootcamping! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Am grwp golygus :sunny:
Still looking relaxed and unaware of what lies before them -
mwah ha ha ha :laughing:

2 Likes

Weren’t they so many times that they know exactly what lies ahead? Or it goes to higher speed? - hehe

Six new faces this year! :slight_smile:

Ah, I’m not good at face recognition and have to memorize something special on the face to know who it belongs. :slight_smile: (sorry, my bad sight comes forth here unfortunatelly).

Good luck to these six new then. :slight_smile:

Wel, taid ydw i o’r diwedd! Gaeth Gabriella ei geni ar y dydd diweddaf o Bootcamp am tua 10 o’r gloch yn y bore. Mae’r mam a babi yn gwneud yn dda iawn. Awn ni i eu gweld nhw p’nawn 'ma.

Stu

10 Likes

Llongyfarchiblwminadau Taid a croeso mawr i Gabriella (enw hyfryd) a dymuniadau gorau i rhieni falch :congratulations:

2 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau enfawr i ti a’r teulu Stu! Newyddion bendigedig yn wir. :slight_smile:

Diolch yn fawr Huw a Catrin. Mae’n amser emosiynol i’r teulu. Dan ni’n mor hapus :smile:

Hwyl,

Stu

1 Like

Wel, Aran and I are now back home. Our Bootcampers left Gadlas and Deri Lleyn about 11am ish, just as the cleaning team were moving in and the mist was descending. On the first dull and damp day in a week, 13 confident Welsh speakers are now safely on their way home and looking forward to seeing their families again.

They were all amazing, enthusiastic, dedicated, friendly, fun and a pleasure to spend the week with!

It’s been another memorable Bootcamp - a huge diolch to each and every one of them. X

11 Likes

Newyddion bendigedig, Stu - llongyfarchiadau mawrion mawr i chi gyd! :star2: :beers:

Well, that was enjoyable and surprisingly non-panic-inducing. It turns out I can speak/understand a bit of Welsh after all.

12 Likes

Looking forward to hearing lots of your individual stories.

2 Likes

Well I started the week terrified that I couldn’t remember dim byd o Gymraeg. Now, at the end of the week, I can’t seem to remember how to think yn Saesneg - whenever someone says something to me, I’m thinking what’s the answer yn Gymraeg. I think my friends and family are going to be learning lots of new words (whether they like it or not…)

So, I think i can safely say that bootcamp works!

15 Likes

Just wanted to say a quick thanks to everyone for an awesome week - thanks for putting up with ‘Morning(ish) Me’, ‘First Night Why Am I Here Me’ and ‘First Full Day And I Still Don’t Know Why I’m Here Me’… :smile:

I’ve learned so many new words to try out on people (hawddy pawddy, maes marw, berfwch… the world is my Welsh oyster :wink: )

Cheers pawb!

8 Likes

Saturday night and I’m finally sitting down with time to write something about another incredible week at the mercy of the Joneses.

Just reaching out to another thread for a second to say that the mix of abilities on this bootcamp was very broad which makes it an amazing experience for someone like me, right in the middle. I had people to look up to and get advice from and also the odd time when I was asked a question when someone else was struggling which gives a huge boost to confidence. I believe that a large range of abilities like this is one of the most important aspects of bootcamp. It’s very important, also, to remember that learning Welsh is NOT a competition and we are all on the same path with similar goals so it’s great to be involved in such a wonderfully helpful community.

I could go into great detail on a day to day basis but I really don’t think you’d want to read that. In a nutshell the week was very successful including some enjoyable challenges and some very horrible challenges, a gig in Pwllheli, a bit of cake, an impromptu visit to a beach at sunset, an evening choir practice in a church, a race against the sun up a mountain, some cake, a Sunday dinner, a quiz around Aberdaron, a slice of cake, a walk up Tre’r Ceiri, a barbecue, gig yn y gegin with the incredible Manon Steffan Ros, some music making, cake, late nights chatting around the table, some dodgy jokes in Caernarfon, one very late night with a damsel in distress, cake, beach, cake and probably lots more that I can’t remember at the minute.

All in all a very long and tiring week.

Oh, and edited to add, a flat tyre on the way home causing Anne to miss her planned train and Ian to sprint off into the sunset (well, train station) even with his bad knee.

10 Likes