Northern Luxury Bootcamp - 17th to 24th April 2015

During my first bootcamp 2 years ago I got caught up in how much I was missing my young family, I didn’t give it a thought that each and every other person in that house was also missing their family. I was very spiteful. I’ve since realised that everyone is in the same boat, and the best way to help yourself feel less lonely is to first help others feel less lonely.

3 Likes

Na…just immensely enjoying the chance to experience bwtcamp vicariously through you and the others who have shared. Diolch am rhannu! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Emrys "Em’s"Llewelyn. Yes! the Cofi’s can be embarrassingly crude… My jaw would often drop at what many, of the locals would say.

2 Likes

Manon posted rthis on Twitter:smile: "

Manon Steffan Ros @BlodauGwylltion
Apr 23
Wedi treulio noson hyfryd ym mŵtcamp Say Something in Welsh efo criw o ddysgwyr brwd a hwyliog. Anrhydedd cael bod efo nhw. Diolch x

“Spent a lovely night in bootcamp with an enthusiastic and humorous, Say Something in Welsh, crew of learners. It was an honour to be with them. Thanks x”

6 Likes

Thanks so much for recording all this.

2 Likes

That was the most beautiful sunset! I love love love sunsets!
I admit to shedding one or two tears, but mostly they are from pure joy and happiness, this place touches the soul!

3 Likes

Thanks again Geraint! We packed lots in didn’t we!

3 Likes

On Wednesday in Caernarfon, Ian, Rob and I went for a walk over the bridge by the castle to climb upto the tower on the top of the hill. Needless to say our first choice of footpath wasn’t the one, (or so we thought) so we turned around to find another way. We got to the top to find a couple of local lads & a small child on green plast chairs, doing a few “roll ups” did I mention the small but very very cute dog with needle like teeth? I didn’t? :blush:Well… she came bounding down the hill, just 8 weeks old, delighted at the chance to chase a few shoe-laces & trip up the new visitors. John was “in there” talking to the lads, the boys were off taking photos, me…well i spent ages just playing with the pup. Lovely!
On the way down we re-walked our first footpath😉 Such a beautiful day the wild garlic was really strong, Ian & Rob whistling back atthe birds…
Having spent the afternoon on our guided tour and drank two halfs of bitter (a little giddy perhaps) we set off for home. As we get to Llanaelhaearn where I live, who should be walking across the road to the local cafe, but, my husband Ed. :kissing_heart: Poor lad, he was a little embarassed I think, when a mini bus load of people stop at the side of the road with his wife hanging out of the window demanding a quick kiss :flushed:shouting at him not to speak in Welsh! I don’t think he was able to speak at all!!
And so, we returned to the cottages, via the chip shop!
Aran continued to pull my leg about pulling over in the street, kissing the locals and driving off again.
Oh Aran, how are you, didn’t see you there!!! … :smile::smile::smile:

4 Likes

I only managed to nab a couple of pics, so I cropped the second one for a closer look at the gang!

It was lovely meeting you all on Wednesday. If I’d known you were already in town earlier, I’d have come to find you - not enough chance to chat about drumming and tapdancing once the tour started!

9 Likes

Absolutely true, I can’t remember the last time I was so nervous and excited! Manon Steffan Ros is an absolute star, amazing! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Do’n i byth wedi bod mwy balch, fraint ac anrhydedd i gael gwahoddiad i gymryd rhan mewn rhywbeth mor arbennig, personol a pwysig. Nid dim ond uchafbwynt o bootcamp ond fy mywyd. Arbennig iawn!

4 Likes

A fi hefyd!

Thank you so much for the pictures @siaronjames they make it all so real again. And you’re absolutely correct, not nearly enough time, just like 2 years ago.

3 Likes

We did, and yet there’s a whole lifetime of other stuff to fit in too.

2 Likes

Did you ever thought of writing books? I’ve “eaten” all you’ve written. Thank you so much for this. Now I knwo everything I wanted to know and all my questions I’ve had in my mind were answered.

Diolch yn fawr iawn.

3 Likes

Diolch o galon i chi gyd am 'ch storiau a lluniau mor ddiddorol ac “evocative”
In particular, Gruntius should collate his magnum opus and publish it :smile:

3 Likes

And you never uttered a single syllable on the way back either @karendevlin_1

3 Likes

Choirs rock. Had I had the vocabulary to tell you this in Welsh, I could’ve told you that :wink:

You weren’t alone…

Ditto - good work @gruntius :smile:

2 Likes

It is the most amazing thing to teach a choir the various parts and then put them together - and find that it works! Result - happiness, sense of achievement and strong need to continue the process. Watch out Geraint - you could get hooked!

2 Likes

I’m not sure if I’ll ever get hooked Anne but it was certainly very interesting. I’ve been in a few original bands over the years and have been a part of writing more than a few songs so the process of building part over part to develop a complete piece isn’t strange to me but I enjoyed standing at the back listening to it all come together like that. Very cool.

Anyway, who’s next for documenting their favourite bits of the week?

3 Likes