Northern luxury bootcamp 2016

Thanks for your really kind words Rob, they really make a massive difference to my confidence. May our journey continue. :blush:

4 Likes

Croeso mĆŖt. Dim problem

1 Like

Itā€™s funny, since getting home Iā€™ve had Radio Cymru on much more often, and I now find that itā€™s enjoyable in its own right, no longer an excercise in desparately hoping to understand something, anything! Itā€™s now more like having Radio 4 on in the background. These listening sessions that Aran got us to do must have paid off.

9 Likes

[virulent attack of smugness]

:star2: :star:

3 Likes

Awwwww - sweet! :blush: Thanks Unc :wink:

2 Likes

Just spotted this. We must book on the same bootcamp one day - bring your sparring gear! :grinning:

3 Likes

Yes to this, sort it out. I need to be on the same bootcanp, I HAVE to watch Kev (@wondersheep) getting his butt kicked. :joy:

2 Likes

Whereā€™s that DISLIKE button?

4 Likes

It wasnā€™t a threat! Just a friendly invitation to some fun kicking and punching with a fellow member of the TKD family. I spar with a smile on my face (and often a foot in my face too!)

2 Likes

Are there any plans in the immediate future to restart the northern bootcamps? Iā€™m off to nant gwrtheryn next week (which I cannot wait for as Iā€™ve been wanting to go for years!) but would definitely want to come to a northern bootcamp (iā€™ve nothing against the southern ones, just the northern one would be easier as my partner has family in Caernarfon etc - I do plan to come to Tresaith in the future at some point, though!)

Diolch i chi gyd

1 Like

Our arms have been twisted a few times recentlyā€¦ so it might be tricky for us to skive off next year as wellā€¦ make sure youā€™re on the weekly email, and that way youā€™ll definitely get to hear in advanceā€¦ :slight_smile:

1 Like

If Iā€™m learning from the Southern version is this going to blow my mind more than would otherwise be the case.
Would you recommend getting to a particular stage of the SSiW lessons before considering attending a mind expanding, brain crushing Boot Camp ?
Diolch, Gareth

Hi Gareth. South/North doesnā€™t much matter on a Bootcamp, thereā€™s usually a mix of the two and thereā€™s not that big a difference anyway. Once you get used to the Northerners using the wrong word for a couple of things like ā€œhisā€, ā€œwantā€ and ā€œmilkā€, youā€™ll be fine :wink:
Itā€™s usually the end of the first level thatā€™s required for a Bootcamp (first 25 lessons), although whether that changes with the plethora of new ways of doing the courses (6mins/day etc.) I do not know.

2 Likes

By ā€œwrong wordā€ Kev really means the Welsh word. :wink:

At one of the first n. bŵtcamps we wrote a list of all the different words between n. and s. ā€¦ it was a long list but even though there are lots of differences it didnā€™t really make a difference to understanding. Embrace the differences and enjoy.

1 Like

Many thanks for the info. Iā€™m presently doing the 6min course but with the other things Iā€™m doing to supplement it I feel Iā€™m in a good place. Having said that, Iā€™m a fair way from the 25th lesson at the moment. As a number of respondents have said theyā€™re going for the 2nd/3rd times I feel I need to be patient. I donā€™t feel i have sufficient ability to participate in the netmeetings yet either.
Hereā€™s to perseverance.
Gareth

Are there any dates for a northern bwtcamp or is it just a case of keep my eyes peeled?
Thanks!

Keep your eyes peeled. Nothing planned yet but you never know.

1 Like

Hi @nia.llywelyn @Deborah-SSi @Iestyn @aran, I know youā€™re really busy with a Bwtcamp right now, but if there was any chance of a northern Bwtcamp next year both myself and @CaroleB would like to put our names down, please! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Have a look at the following thread for more clarity on the Northern Bootcamp situation. :blush:

1 Like

Thank you Catrin! :slight_smile:

1 Like