Northern luxury bootcamp 2016

Amazing, as long as everyone is ok with that. That’s the room I would choose if given the choice. @ianblandford stole it off me 3 years ago. :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

Erm, nope. That was the most horrible thing I’ve ever had to endure. :cry: (I’ll go along with the majority but that doesn’t mean I have to enjoy it :wink:.)

4 Likes

Oh no, really? :joy: :joy: :joy:

Awwwww, you make me sound like such a meanie… :innocent:

I already know that @wondersheep may quite possibly throw cheesecake at me if I make him do story bags as well… :astonished:

OK then. We’re going to have one social evening of fun which will include a ‘structured’ activity. So how about the following choices -

• Charades night - playing in teams
  • Sgen ti dalent night
  • Speed dating evening - getting to know your fellow Bootcampers in short speedy interviews (possibly alcohol induced)
  • Cegin Nancy - demonstrate a quick recipe in Welsh, or demonstrate sculpting/origami/yoga/Tae Kwon Do/topiary… you get the picture
  • Murder mystery evening - whodunit?
  • Any other suggestions?
1 Like

Sorry that I interfier (again) but this brought smile to my face already imagening “the sound of music”. - hehe :slight_smile:

Uhhh, this sounds like big fun … :slight_smile:

1 Like

[quote=“catrinlliarjones, post:103, topic:4587”]
Oh no, really?

Awwwww, you make me sound like such a meanie
[/quote]You are. :disappointed: Is having cheesecake thrown at you such a bad thing?

Charades is good, pictionary would be good too. I like the idea of Cegin Nancy.

What’s a Des?

Designated driver… :wink:

They all sound good and I’m happy with everything even the story bags sound ok - but what do I know? I’ve never been before!

2 Likes

I loved the story bags!

2 Likes

I seriously don’t think I’ve ever laughed so much as when you “performed” that night. Superb.

2 Likes

These are two completely unrelated things, yet you put them together as if they were somehow correlated.

I’m not sure we’re in a position to comment about it, but it sounds fair to me!

I don’t think I feel as strongly about this as you think I do, but it’s still quite far outside my comfort zone. I won’t cry if the majority want to do them, certainly, but I also won’t be sad to not have to do it.

Cath would never let me waste cheesecake. Never.
I feel more strongly about being filmed (I have an irrational thing about it, sorry) than the bags. Bootcamp is about being out of your comfort zone, after all.

That said, I think the idea of Charades in Welsh, or pictionary, would be fun (as long as I have someone smarter than me on the team!).

5 Likes

Too right I wouldn’t! And there wouldn’t be any left to throw anyway :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll bring my guitar too, though like Rob Sculley I can’t play anything useful.

2 Likes

Nor me. Perfect!

Da saund of (perfect) music … I’d just love to hear that! :slight_smile:

[size=9]This chat about music and what one would bring really amuses me … [/size]

1 Like

Something that worked at our Spanish meet ups was using the cards from Cluedo and describing what’s on them for others to guess.

Most people know what the cards might be and it’s useful for learning new words such as spanner and peacock.

3 Likes

*busy learning “sbaner” and “paun”. :blush:

3 Likes

Pictionary or Cluedo would be good. At the last Norfolk meetup we used Old Maid cards in the same way and it worked very well. Charades, being unspoken, sounds a strange idea at first, but then I suppose we have to ask what’s been acted out.
I enjoyed the story bag sketches last year - some were hilarious - but then I didn’t have to watch the one that I performed in!
I’m happy to go along with whatever the rest of you want to do.
One of the many highlights of last year’s bootcamp was the Sunday night choir practice, not just the music but the charming people we met there. Any chance of doing that again?

3 Likes

Hmm. There’s something happening a week today. I know it’s important, but I can’t put my finger on it. Any ideas?

4 Likes

Eeeeeekkk

1 Like