Northern luxury bootcamp 2016

HOLEEEEEDAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!! :smiley:

2 Likes

donā€™t forget your coats. :wink:

Ha. The opposite of last yearā€™s hwyl yn yr haul. I knew it couldnā€™t last !

The opposite of the last three, which confirms that it wasnā€™t me bringing the sun, it must have been either @ianblandford or @atomic_newt. :smiley:

1 Like

Thereā€™s no such thing as bad weather - just the wrong kind of clothes.

3 Likes

I guess we need to find some boardgames :smile:

Anyone for chess?

(As it happens Iā€™m fairly rubbish at chess, and havenā€™t played in years)

I think @aran and @CatrinLliarJones will keep us sufficiently busy without having to resort to silly things like chess. Unless anyone fancies playing ā€œcake chessā€, Iā€™ve just invented it, you replace all the pieces with cake and eat all the captured pieces. Anyone?

2 Likes

Then thereā€™s cake Jengaā€¦

2 Likes

Kerplunk using chocolate fingers and Ferrero Rocher?

Connect 4 with peppermint patties.

Works for me.

Even more fun in languages such as Norwegian where it actually rhymes!

ā€œDet finnes ikke dĆ„rlig vƦr, bare dĆ„rlige klƦr.ā€

Slight improvement ā€¦ @CatrinLliarJones, keep working on this mate of yours that controls the weather.

Looking at those temperatures I wonā€™t be trimming the whiskers so be ready for an even beardier beardy than usual. :smiley:

1 Like

Wasnā€™t it snowing yesterday (according to what Iā€™ve heard ā€¦) :slight_smile:

1 Like

Helo gyfeillion!

Regarding boardgames, donā€™t sweat it. The Jones household has a collection which we bring to Bootcamp every year - Scrabble Cymraeg, Dyfalwch Pwy? (Guess Who), Chess, Draughts, Playing Cards and so on. So unless you canā€™t resist bringing one to share and donā€™t mind lugging it along, then donā€™t worry.

From what I can gather, Mr. J is planning on keeping you very busy this year, with a new twist on stretching your language abilities.

I think, after thought and deliberation, that Iā€™m going to go for a Murder Mystery evening. We did this once in Tresaith and it worked very well. It was fun and really forces people to mingle and converse. Yes youā€™ll have to ā€˜get in characterā€™ but you wonā€™t have to dress up or wear make-up (unless you really want to) and we wonā€™t be filming you.

If successful, it should really stretch your language abilities . Throw in some alcohol and youā€™ve got a really fun evening on your hands.

It is chilly here in Pen Llyn at the moment. Being on the coast and enjoying the benefits of the Gulf Stream, weā€™re used to mild temperatures. But Pen Llyn does get quite windy. Add to that the fact that thereā€™s still snow on the mountains and you could find yourself in bracing conditions. Also, the fact that weā€™ve had so much rain since the autumn, means that everywhere is muddy. Iā€™ve been living in boots and wellies for weeks, and still rely on my scarf and winter coat.

Hope preparations are going well for you guys - we look forward very much to welcoming you to Llyn.

By the way, I will have prepared a meal for the first evening. Could you email me at catrin[at]saysomethinginwelsh.com with any special dietary requitrements, to see what we can do. Diolch! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Erm ā€¦ What? We have to prepare? I thought this was a relaxing get away.

2 Likes

Leave the mushrooms large so I can fling them out (and donā€™t get madarch mixed with madfall, I donā€™t fancy chameleon casserole).

1 Like

I just hope you all survive this year. Is that really so much to ask for?

3 Likes

Thanks for planning a meal, Catrin - something to look forward to at the end of a long journey.
Am happy with anything and everything!

Iā€™m happy with mushrooms but I donā€™t know about chameleons because Iā€™ve never tried them. Are they easy to find in Pen Llyn?

1 Like