[Now fully booked] next northern Bootcamp - 2017 - dates, waiting list

Possible but a little fiddly, with a change in Bangor - or we could run you over to Bangor, erbyn feddwl, so maybe not so bad then.

And you’d have to go to Bangor to get the Cardiff train anyway…

2 Likes

Yes, there are buses (Philip’s right, Anglesey Airport operates from RAF Valley)
this is the timetable for the Anglesey buses (to Bangor):

then you’d need Bangor to Caernarfon which would be Gwynedd:
https://diogel.cyngor.gwynedd.gov.uk/GwasanaethauGwe/FfeiliauSystemau.Allanol/AmserlenBws/Ffeil?llwybr=[01_1A_9_9A_]-[Bangor_-Caernarfon-Porthmadog_o_03-04-17%5D-%5BBangor-Caernarfon-Porthmadog_from_03-04-17%5D%2Epdf
or
https://diogel.cyngor.gwynedd.gov.uk/GwasanaethauGwe/FfeiliauSystemau.Allanol/AmserlenBws/Ffeil?llwybr=[05A]-[Bangor
-Caernarfon-Nantlle%5D-%5BBangor-Caernarfon-_Nantlle%5D%2Epdf
and as Philip says, it’s just a short walk then from the bus station.

3 Likes

Thanks both! (Ooh and Sharon too - edit!) I think I need to engage with the problem before going to Germany in a few days…

2 Likes

… and as Aran says, either way (train or flight) you end up going via Bangor! :wink:

2 Likes

Diolch, @siaronjames, that looks very helpful.

1 Like

I’ll have to meet people in Ynys Mon either before or after (possibly both) the bootcamp week, so I could possibly help you with transport. I haven’t made any arrangements yet, but if you could let me know the flight times I’ll see what I can do.

3 Likes

Diolch @johnmorganjones! But I wouldn’t want to put you to any trouble of course.

I’m not sure if it would be worth flying up - although the return ticket wouldn’t make much difference to the price. However it would mean travelling either very early (arriving 08:35) or quite late (arriving 16:40).

There’s a flight back departing at 16:40 though, which might be worth considering rather than the train.

Hi Netmouse
I have now sorted out my visits in N Wales before boot camp and so would be able to give you a lift back home on the Friday. Am not able to stay for party either.

1 Like

Hi @AnneEvans, that would be brilliant, diolch yn fawr iawn! I will of course pay the petrol for anyone kind enough to give me a lift. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@aran can you let us know if we need to bring anything , food, drinks, games etc?

1 Like

No problem Netmouse. Looking forward to meeting you and our fellow bootcampers.

2 Likes

Food and drinks - yes - Bootcamp includes accommodation but not meals - in Tresaith, we always used to team up in pairs and do one meal for everyone in the week, but in the north people have tended to go their own way and/or eat out. Catrin will do a welcome meal on the Friday night, because it’s nice for you not to have to travel and then cook…:slight_smile:

Games - we tend to have a selection available, but if you have any favourites, or just anything you’d like to have with you on holiday generally (um, apart from anything involving English, of course!) then bring them along on a ‘more the merrier’ basis (if you’re travelling by car).

2 Likes

I don’t know about other people, but I would be very happy to share cooking duties. Personally I’d prefer not to spend too much money eating out, although a bit would be nice of course.

2 Likes

I’m allergic to milk, so eating out can be pretty stressful for me at the best of times, let alone when I only have limited vocabulary to explain what I can’t eat.

I’m more than happy to help with cooking if people are interested in doing some meals back at the house.

3 Likes

I’m also happy to help with cooking :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Great! My kids are allergic to milk, so I’m well up on that. (Although I will definitely be enjoying cheese etc that week as well!)

4 Likes

Maybe we can do cooking teams again this year, then! Let’s have a chat about it on the first day… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m happy to join in with cooking and will do what I’m told, no matter how menial the task. I’ll eat anything that others would like to have.

4 Likes

Just ask @wondersheep about my sheer terror of speaking in Welsh to strangers in the street in Pwllheli at the start of my 1st bootcamp :flushed:. By the end of the week you couldn’t shut me up…

Its a transformational experience, embrace the panic! :wink:

3 Likes

I well remember that feeling of panic in the streets of Pwllheli! My first challenge was to ask the way to the Taro Deg coffee shop, so I rehearsed my piece, approached a likely-looking passer by and put my question to him. He looked puzzled, paused for a moment and then said, in English “If you’re asking about the parking ticket machine, it’s out of order.” Failed my first challenge! It wasn’t my fault, though, he was a visitor and spoke no Welsh. Fortified by coffee and cake, we set out again, in pairs, and in no time at all we were talking to a taxi driver about his favourite music. Rob’s right - it’s amazing how quickly your confidence grows, helped very much by the fact that people are delighted that you’re making the effort. By the end of the week, you’ll be disappointed to be going home.

2 Likes