[Now fully booked] next northern Bootcamp - 2017 - dates, waiting list

I’m sooooo jealous. But have fun and make lots of mistakes! :laughing:

3 Likes

Bootcamps with no swords on them always feel a little tame now…:wink:

1 Like

Ok, I’m leaving now. See you all in a couple of hours!

2 Likes

And they’re off! They’ve survived a superb chicken korma (with sticky rice, in a little-known and unexpected burst of fusion cooking from Catrin) and are full speed ahead.

It’s eye-catching how the level of Bootcamp goes up every year. About half this lot could quite easily be running the Bootcamp, and no mistake.

And it turns out there’s a lovely high terrace behind the house where you have a view of the castle and over the Menai, which looks to me like an ideal spot for extended sundowners, so I’ve left some vodka and whiskey in the house as a test… I’ll see if there’s any left by tomorrow morning…:wink:

4 Likes

This may be a silly question from a teetotaller, but isn’t enough alcohol for a hangover, in this context, too much? They have to put in some work/effort/play today as well. (And at least one has said she doesn’t drink.) But I’m glad they are having good time slready. Give them all the good wishes of the combined SSIW community.

1 Like

No, we’re not aiming for hangovers here… :slight_smile:

Good! One of them is 16!

No worries everyone!!!

Our youngest Bootcamper is safe, happy, excited, sober, mature, having fun, being looked after, healthy, relaxed, content, confident and already quite proficient in Welsh.

We joke a lot about alcohol at Bootcamp. The truth is, there’s never all that much of it. But we still like to joke about it. :wink:

To date we’ve never had to deal with worrying hangovers/drunken brawls/drunken karaoke/upsetting neighbours/unacceptable skinny dipping/dancing naked in communal kitchens or any such lewd behaviour… well, OK, there was that one night with a chocolate fountain a couple of years ago… it was everywhere! :joy::joy::joy:

We have lots of fun at Bootcamp, but the truth is, it’s all really civilised… Well, no arrests so far… :joy: :joy: :joy:

For those who enjoy and are old enough to participate, we encourage a glass of something in the evening, to relax and aid the natural flow of conversation, which seems to work wonders!

Otherwise Bootcamp is going well. The standard seems high! Caernarfon is proving to be a pleasure. Weather is good. We’re having fun and all is well!

8 Likes

Sooooooooo, the Bootcampers had a yoga session with Leisa Mererid today…

3 Likes

I had a great few hours with the bootcampers today, they all seem very relaxed, fair play.

Thanks for the wonderful welcome guys. :blush:

3 Likes

Oh, and by the way, @CatrinLliarJones had a right old laugh at my expense sending me on a wild goose chase this morning. :astonished:

2 Likes

This seems to be a particularly gifted set of Bootcampers for running into well-known people - so far, they have met, seen or hidden from:

Ifor ap Glyn
Dafydd Wigley
Leisa Mererid
Gerallt Lloyd Owen’s son
Elin Fflur
Meinir Gwilym
A bloke off Rownd a Rownd in the pub
Um
That might be about it so far…

6 Likes

If it was Arthur in the pub, I see why, but the actor is probably lovely!

And Bob the seagul… :joy: :joy: :joy:

Morrisons Caernarfon seemed to have an abundance of bright young things hopping about looking glamorous in the aisles this morning, Elin Flur and Sian Beca to name but two. I, on the other hand looked as if I’d just fallen out of bed… :anguished:

Glad you enjoyed your imprompty tour of Caernarfon @gruntius. :joy:

3 Likes

I spoke briefly with (at) Elin Fflur in the Galeri at lunch time, what a genuinely nice lady. I told her that I was visiting an SSiW bootcamp for the day and she seemed very interested, shame she didn’t whisk up a camera crew for an impromptu interview with us all, maybe next time. She did literally run away as soon as she spotted half a chance though. :joy:

2 Likes

Quick note to @AnneEvans (I think, she’s the only Anne I can see on here anyway), thank you so much for your very kind words yesterday, I was a bit taken aback at the time but I really appreciate it.

2 Likes

I had half an hour to spare this morning so I popped in to the bootcamp house to say hello - and cadge a coffee! - and despite the pre-camp nerves mentioned earlier in the thread, I saw no evidence of trauma! :wink:

6 Likes

Mae Anne yn deud croeso mawr a diolch am dagio hi ac felly gorfodi hi i ddarllen rhywbeth yn y Saesneg… :wink:

Siaron, sori methu chdi!

1 Like

Wel, roedd hi’n gynnar! (a, dim enwau, ond nath gwpwl o gampwyr yn brysiau allan o’u gwelyau oherwydd nathon nhw glywed y drws ac yn meddwl ti oedd o! :wink: - nes i ymddiheuro wrthynt!)

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr iawn i Aran, Catrin, y plant ac yn enwedig i’r Bwtcampwyr am y cerdyn priodas a wnaeth cyrraedd ddoe. Oedd yn syrpreis mor hyfryd!

3 Likes