[Now fully booked] next northern Bootcamp - 2017 - dates, waiting list

Bloody prifeirdd and their innate linguistic superiority… :smiling_imp:

1 Like

:zipper_mouth: :wink:

1 Like

Thanks for the pics Jane and the story of your profiad gorwir in the hostel - definitely one to add to the list!
Just been back in Wales for a long weekend and can vouch for the bwtcamp effect. Big thanks again to @aran and @CatrinLliarJones for support in just going for it. I made a pact with myself that I was going to speak Welsh at every opportunity and I did it. Even to quite a few people who didn’t speak Welsh. But nobody got narky lor started going on about the war!
Biggest triumph was to prove to my brother in law that people don’t just speak Welsh when the Sais turn up…Result!!!

3 Likes

:laughing:

Superb, Jenny - llongyfarchiadau mawr iawn i ti! :star: :star2:

Hi and congratulations! Just to say that you definitely should consider joining Merched y Wawr (or Clwb Gwawr if you are of a younger vintage (say 45-50 or younger))! They are usually very supportive of learners and as long as you try to stick to Welsh, nobody minds if you throw some English in there or ask for clarification. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Wonderful, thrilling follow up report. I saw that improvement through the week. I’m glad your tutor affirmed that! Well done and, yes, don’t be afraid to join Merched y Wawr. I joined two groups when I was living in Corris. They were very kind and welcoming. Make sure you share the article with us when it comes out. Good to hear the lambs survived too.

1 Like

We have run into a problem at Stiwdio Maelor and I have to go back first thing tomorrow. So, unfortunately, the catch-up may not work. Sorry. :frowning: If I come up this way again, I’ll let you know. Meanwhile, if you are anywhere near Machynlleth between now and mid-June, let me know. That goes for anyone who fancies a sgwrs Cymraeg. :slight_smile:

1 Like

No probs Liz, see you soon.

I’d love to meet up again before you go down south, and if you have any problems you are always welcome to stay here

1 Like

Five months after I wrote about bwtcamp for the local welsh language magazine they are going to be putting it in the September edition. I hadn’t heard anything since writing it in May so thought that they didn’t want to use it!

8 Likes

Awesome, well done! :star: :star2: