[Now fully booked] next northern Bootcamp - 2017 - dates, waiting list

Yes! I just had to put larger child to bed, who had been watching the process with great interest! They are both quite chuffed at the idea actually and are looking forward to me coming home a perfect Welsh speaker! The youngest will be 7 by April, so I think they will be OK. This will be my first Great Escape for 10 years!! Can’t wait!

OK, so who else is coming? :smile:

2 Likes

I am, hopefully :smile:

3 Likes

Oh, this actually works in other people’s houses, does it?!..:wink:

I’m still jumping on and off the sofa for upstairs/downstairs counselling, bribery, diplomacy coupled with the occasional mute, menacing glare.

It’s an honour and privilege to be a First Great Escape moment. When we get our First Great Escape, it is probably not going to be a language course (unless I can find one that does wine tasting at the same time, so I haven’t entirely given up hope)…:wink:

1 Like

Nooo … according to what forum “clock” says you were 3 minutes earlier. Da iawn ti! :slight_smile: [quote=“aran, post:22, topic:6552”]
(thanks, Tatjana!)…:wink:
[/quote]

You’re welcome. :slight_smile:

http://www.slovenia.si/visit/cuisine/wines/wine-routes/

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Well you do spend your life making language courses. I escape from the rest of life with language courses, so it’s only logical! (And your Escape seems to be in the ‘we’ plural - which is another level of challenge again!)

2 Likes

That does look rather nice! Remind me when it comes to a ‘we’ plural Escape… (I wonder how long that will be?)

Yep, I’ve had too many ‘me’ escapes, triggered by work, to feel anything but guilt at anything less than a ‘we’ from here on in…:wink:

[And I’m now on a maximum away stay of two nights, non-negotiable, which was the price Angharad Lliar extracted after Monte Carlo…;-)]

2 Likes

Which is exactly why I haven’t booked on this bootcamp, escaping for a week 4 years running is enough I think. :flushed:

1 Like

Has it really only been 4 years? Seems so much longer…

1 Like

I read that as “lager child” … I mean, I’ve heard of “Modern Parents”, but heck! :slight_smile: :wink:

1 Like

:unamused:

@aran I don’t suppose there are any plans to do a 2nd northern bootcamp this year? We were literally seconds away from booking and realized that it falls over the last workday of the month, which my husband can’t take off from work. (I am not brave enough to make the trip on my own, lol.)

::edit:: Nevermind! Realized the subject of your earlier email said “2017’s only northern Welsh bootcamp.” I guess I should stay home and work on my reading comprehension in Saesneg, anyhow. :wink:

1 Like

Adding to what Mike said,

How about in the new year starting a bootcamp preparation skype thread, anyone can join in to help out and nervous bootcampers would kind of get know each other in advance (as usual just an idea).

I would be happy to listen and learn.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like

SES (Somera Esperanto-Studado, Summer Esperanto School) in Slovakia does courses (nearly) every year, and they had an evening of wine-tasting twice and mead-tasting another time :slight_smile:

They also said that that evening would help your conversation skills!

But that’s an entire week, so more than the two nights you’re allowed away.

1 Like

Anyone else waking up this morning thinking , ‘what have I done’?

4 Likes

Haha! :slight_smile:

Just carry on, just carry on …

4 Likes

Yes :smile:

3 Likes

Yes!

2 Likes

Hehe, it will be fine!! Looking forward to meeting you all!

In the mean time, there is still one place left… Who’s it going to be? :sunny:

3 Likes

@Novem I only just read through your intensive weekend thread - what an amazing achievement! :star: :star: :star:

2 Likes