[Now fully booked] next northern Bootcamp - 2017 - dates, waiting list

Paid becso dw i’n meddwl.

We had one vegie (if I still remember correctly) one who couldn’t even smell bananas what eat them … and there was no problem at all (at least I didn’t see there would be any). If the group fine-tunes itself everything is just perfect no matter how different we are.

Vegie? I love vegetables, ef they’re raw even more (if they’re edible raw of course). :slight_smile:

1 Like

My words are being deliberately twisted, and by someone who has not yet taken up the challenge, too! :smiling_imp:

Edit: Hmm, that was meant to be light hearted, just in case there was any doubt! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Really looking forward to bootcamp in April - once I’d hit the button there was no going back. Do you remember having a chat with some people outside ar noson dywyll a stormus yn Nant Gwrtheyrn?
I said that I wasn’t sure if I’d ever get to say “Maen nhw’n deud bo’ni angen treilio mwy o amser yn cyfarfod fel grwp” but I’m going to wneud yn siwr that I sneak that in sometime over the bootcamp!

1 Like

Oh, that was you - how lovely! It’ll be fascinating to hear how you compare the two experiences. I’m going to have to try and make sure you have cause to use that sentence…:wink:

1 Like

Reminds me of this:

(that was a running joke in Peanuts at one time).

:slight_smile:

2 Likes

I have now successfully booked the week off work. i think I read somewhere something about a SSiW party on the Saturday following the bootcamp, but the accommodation is unavailable. So, if we want to come to the party, do we need to book somewhere in town to stay for the Friday and Saturday? Or is the party somewhere else? Or did I dream it?
Finally is there anything else to organise, pre- the night before panic packing/ revising our Welsh?

Edrych ymlaen i dod yn mis Ebrill!

Yes, that’s right - but the upside is that we guarantee you a ticket for the party… :slight_smile:

Other stuff to organise - nothing leaps to mind, but I’m permanently slightly dis-organised, so possibly not the best person to ask. @CatrinLliarJones might have some slightly more useful input…:wink:

1 Like

Can I guarantee a ticket for my mom as well or should I get ready to try to reserve a place for her? :slight_smile:

1 Like

No, any mother who is willing to travel from Finland to Cymru to let her daughter do an immersion week MORE than deserves her place at the party - it’ll be a pleasure and a privilege to guarantee a ticket for her as well… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Thank you :heart:
I read that to her and she told me to say “mother is sincerely grateful”

2 Likes

Now I feel a nagging itch to learn Finnish before the party, which unfortunately probably isn’t quite going to happen in time…:wink:

1 Like

Well, you could start by picking up some polite phrases such as the ones on http://www.omniglot.com/language/phrases/finnish.php :slight_smile:

For example, Ilmatyynyalukseni on täynnä ankeriaita (“My hovercraft is full of eels”) or Tämä rouva maksaa kaiken (“This lady will pay for everything”).

2 Likes

Not sure about the hovercraft and eels, but the other phrase would definitely be useful!

3 Likes

I have a lovely Finnish phrase (which I’ve just remembered from a previous life) to try out on @Novem - if that kind of thing is allowed on bootcamp!? (Not Welsh :smiling_imp:)

Or we’ll just have to Skype again one of these days so I can get it in!!

1 Like

I imagine it wouldn’t be allowed, but you could do that before it starts :smile: I’m definitely up for a Skype chat, though :wink:

2 Likes

Definitely! Although I’m a bit hard to pin down now that term and everything has started. (Unless you ever happen to have time on Thurs or Fri when my kids are at school!)

2 Likes

Before we kick off, sure… :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’m free on Thursdays and Fridays :slight_smile: I’m also not going to school this week, so I should be free when your kids are at school :smile:

2 Likes

Ww! :slight_smile:
Would you like a quick chat late morning my time? (A bit naughty - that is my housework time, so don’t let me natter for too long!)

3 Likes

Sure! :slight_smile: