[Now fully booked] next northern Bootcamp - 2017 - dates, waiting list

Okay, we have a Welsh-speaking Yoga tutor lined up - £7 for an hour and a half session, plus £15 spread between everyone to book a hall (or one-to-one at her home)…

How many people would like to give it a go?

@netmouse @elizabeth_jane @novem @anneevans @johnmorganjones @Y_Ddraig_Las @Jenny @Jane @amandalaing

1 Like

I’m interested! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Also interested, but have to confess I’ve never done yoga before…

1 Like

I’m trying as many methods as possible - Dal Ati, Duolingo, S4C, Nant Gwrtheyrn, SSiW etc - ond dw i ddim yn rhugl eto…

1 Like

I’ll have a go at the yoga - in Welsh! Great idea.
T
Diolch!

1 Like

Yn bendant! It’ll be fun.

1 Like

I’m also happy to do this. What a great way to learn body parts!

1 Like

Not too sure about the yoga. Perhaps I’ll pay a visit to the pub instead.

2 Likes

Brilliant, thank you everyone! It would be lovely if it worked out.
(Of course nourishment for body and soul may equally be found in the pub, @johnmorganjones!)

2 Likes

Hi. Not sure about the yoga -sorry netmouse I prefer Tai Ch- i so may join you in the pub John.

1 Like

So I make that 6 would-be yogis - so that’ll be less than a tenner a head for the tuition and booking the studio - so I’ll go ahead and set it up on that basis (and if anyone else decides to come along at the last minute, I’m sure that’ll be fine).

I may have to give my personal extra support to the pub-goers…:wink:

5 Likes

Can’t imagine how this has happened :grin:, but I might ‘just happen’ to be in North Wales for a couple of days during the bootcamp, in April, and my partner :wink: might ‘just insist’ that I call in and meet everyone… Now all I need to do is get a couple of days off work, find somewhere to stay, synchronise my watch with when you’ll be in the pub… It’s a dirty job, but someone’s got to do it :smiling_imp:

4 Likes

Sorry, haven’t been checking the forum recently. Yoga? Not really my thing.

1 Like

Yoga -no but wouldn’t mind giving tai chi a go

1 Like

We’ve got the yoga session set up for Monday at 11am - since my back doesn’t currently allow that sort of behaviour, I’ll be running an alternative session somewhere that sells either alcohol or coffee (or both) where we can discuss our various reasons for not yoga-ing…:wink:

3 Likes

Hi, sorry, I need some advice and/or help :smile:

I’ve been looking for a summer job so I can come to Wales again in the future and I’ve just been emailed by two of the places I’ve sent applications to. One said that they’ll make their decisions and then contact the “chosen ones” by phone as soon as possible. The problem is, they get a lot of applications. We have a system for applying to summer jobs in Helsinki so every place gets 500-2000 written applications. I’m pretty sure “as soon as possible” means in “1 or 2 months”… (at least judging by the email I got from the other place that said “on weeks 12-17” (17 is when bootcamp is))

So, I definitely don’t want to (and can’t) speak Finnish on my phone during bootcamp and I doubt they would understand or be able to speak Welsh. I would leave my phone with my mom but she’ll be on Ynys Enlli with barely any electricity, so it wouldn’t really help since it would have to be switched off.

Do you think it might be possible for me to leave my phone with someone, to answer and explain why I can’t answer, in case I get a call? :flushed:

It’s very unlikely I will. I’m asking just in case :smile: I might not get contacted at all, and that could turn out to be the only place that calls people, or I could get contacted before or even after bootcamp. I’ll probably send an email to them explaining why I might not be able to answer if getting someone else to answer is too difficult.

What do I do? :smile:

(side question because I got curious: what happens to phones on bootcamp? Most things on them are usually in English, so we couldn’t use them, right? Do we keep them and trust that no one uses them or do you collect them?)

That’s an interesting question. I’ve attended the last two bootcamps and there’s been a strict Dim Saesneg rule, but nobody mentioned Finnish! Aran did explain to us at the beginning that if we had really urgent business to deal with we should keep it to the absolute minimum and speak outside earshot of the other bootcampers. Aran will probably give you some advice on this.

The purpose of the rule is to stop us from lapsing into English when we can’t think of the correct word or just want to rest our brains a little. I found the rule to be one of the key elements in the success of the bootcamp: a week’s total immersion really does produce good results.

2 Likes

Yes, this, usually - the occasional genuinely important call will happen, and we expect people to take them…:slight_smile:

Exactly this…:slight_smile:

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr i’r ddau ohonoch chi! :blush:

I’ll just hope I won’t get any calls, then :smile:

2 Likes

@Novem, you will enjoy bootcamp SO MUCH wirh this sort of attitude.:rainbow:

4 Likes