Now You're Talking

It’s unlikely that an actual person is behind this. Most likely the publishing company that owns (some of the?) music has either just joined or has tightened it’s policies on YouTube’s AI-based copyright detection system. This scans all new content and will also crawl old content looking for the signatures of known copyrighted material and will take action based on what it finds and what policies the owners have chosen to enforce. Often this means placing adverts on the offending video and forwarding the proceeds to the owners of the copyrighted material, but can mean removal if that’s what the owners have decided. Because of the billions of hours of content on YouTube this can result this can result in some slightly perplexing sledgehammer-nut interfacing, but that’s the nature of the automated system.

I would happily pay a reasonable licence fee for access to the series if the copyright owner would only identify itself. The series may have been dated but it was still good. I have not been able to find anything as appealing in Welsh or any other language teaching.

1 Like

Wouldn’t surprise me if it makes its way back online at some point.

1 Like