Oswestry / Shrewsbury meet up?

Yn bendant.

1 Like

Hello, again, am I right to enquire whether there will be a meet-up tonight at the Wild Pig? Iā€™d come by train if I were sure it was on. @bryanroberts @Tricia @Gog @carol-thomas
PS no pressure intended! Iā€™ve had one Welsh fix at Montgomery Castle already this week, I may be becoming greedy/unrealistically addicted!

Iā€™ll be there @lornarhodes Lorna, havenā€™t heard from anyone else so far but, even if no-one else turns up we can have a one to one, if you think itā€™s worth the journey.

1 Like

I messaged you Bryan to say we wouldnt be there in September but will try to go when we can. Hope you have a good meet up

1 Like

Things should be more settled again now, I hope. It makes a great difference to the group when you are able to come, so I hope it wonā€™t be long until you appear. I think Lorna is coming tonight as well as Phil and the Rev so thatā€™s the minimum. Havenā€™t heard from anyone else.

That has been the decider! 13.41 train here I come!

See you there. Phil and the Rev will also be there but Iā€™ve not heard from anyone else as yet.

Youā€™re a star Lorna well done @lornarhodes hope to see you soon @bryanroberts. Have a good sgwrsšŸ˜Š

1 Like

Hi, is the Shrewsbury group still going at the Wild Pig on the first and 3rd Thursday of the month?

Greg

2 Likes

Iā€™ll tag @bryanroberts as heā€™s the one who arranges it Greg. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll be made very welcome. Pob lwc.

1 Like

Certainly is @greg-shepley. You will be most welcome. Should you turn up promptly you may find no-one there, but someone is sure to turn up soon after.

2 Likes

Bore da @bryanroberts , pryd maeā€™n dechrau heno?

Ok, just seen above itā€™s from 7:30pm, see you later

Sorry @greg-shepley just picked up your message. Hope to see you later then,

Prynhawd da!

Just a quick note to let all SSiW meet-up group organisers and coordinators, know that I have taken responsibility for the weekly email over from Deborah. So if you have any updated information about the group youā€™re responsible for, please let me know and Iā€™ll ensure the correct info goes in the email. Diolch! :slight_smile:

Hi Deborah, I live in Shrewsbury and would love to start a welsh conversation meet-up in Shrewsbury. Do you know of any others who would be interested? Iā€™m very much a beginner learner so there would need to be more than just me there! Alex Greenwood

Hi Greg, are you still interested in a welsh conversation meet up in Shrewsbury? Iā€™m thinking I starting one if there isnā€™t one already. Im very much a beginner learner though so Iā€™m seeing who is out there first! Alex Greenwood

Hi Bryan, Is (or was prior to COVID) there a welsh conversation group that you run in Shrewsbury? Iā€™d be very interested to join if and when it begins again. Alex Greenwood

Hi Alex,
Yes there is a group that was meeting at the Wild Pig by Meole Brace roundabout until the lockdown, Iā€™ve only had chance to attend one meeting so far due to work commitments, though hopefully will be able to go more often when they start meeting again. They are a friendly and welcoming group, they have a whatsapp group for communicating and have been continuing meetings online during lockdown. I will message them in the whatsapp group and hopefully someone will be able to let you know when things start up again.

Greg

2 Likes

Hi @alexandra-greenwood and @greg-shepley we are currently running a zoom meeting approximately twice a month at 4pm on a Wednesday, the next being on Wednesday 5th.
If youā€™re interested let me know your details and Iā€™ll get our co-ordinator to include you.

2 Likes