Other countries, other customs, other nations ... and history (outside UK)

I presume it was Triglav mountain Palin was. This is the highest mountain in Slovenia with elevation of 2864 m. There is the saying that who of Slovenian citizens wasn’t on Triglav once they can not count themselves Slovenians (what actually means I can’t count among them either :slight_smile: ).

Photo credits Wikipedia

Partially this might be even true but as always there was more wider range of happenings which brought to this deceision though. So the mention is really very generalized although many say just the same about happenings in 90s of previous century and Yugoslavia.

Here surely is much more to see. Whoever was to Slovenia can confirm this is so. For the interest I’ve found a promo video on YouTube which is right for you all because it was made and launched by BBC itself.

She was last seen 22nd July. Hopefully she comes back at one point like she said to me on FB she would. I miss her and her posts …

I’ve opened totally new thread in “Other languages” forum as my replies here have nothing to do with Eisteddfod and Welsh customs at all.

Happy reading anyway.

Hwyl :slight_smile:
Tatjana

2 Likes

This is the highest mountain in Slovenia with elevation of 286t4 m.

I read this first of all as 28614 m which would make it nearly three times the height of Mt Everest :wink: Google tells me it is 2864 m which is still twice as high as anything in the UK - chware teg!

It looks breathtakingly beautiful.

2 Likes

Haha! I really blew this. Yes 2864 m is correct data. I’ve edited my previous post.

Yes it is beautiful but for someone as non-skilled in climbing and without much experience it’s quite hard to climb it. I might risk once some money for panoramic flight over Triglav and the mountains around … when “I’ll be grown-up and rich” though - hehe :slight_smile: “Sedmera jezera” (The seven lakes) are the most beautiful and so everyone who climbs the mountain has to go that direction to see them. Area of Bled and Bohinj lays at the bottom of these mountains … stunning in its own way …

2 Likes

Diolch! But I don’t think Latvian is on @aran’s list is it? Of course, the polyglots may be able to tell me if there is any similarity between any of the languages spoken in Latvia and Cymraeg!!
Oh, @tatjana fach, can you help. My laptop just changed the type size to far too big. I don’t know what I did. It hasn’t happened before and it only seems to affect the Forum!!

I’m sorry to take me so long to answer this but the happenings at my work don’t allow me to read the forum anymore. My department is from 9 set to 4 people (me included) so no time even for eating the sandwich sometimes.

You can try to do simple thing: If you are using Google chrome, you have hamburger menu at the right side of the window. Clicking on it the dropdown menu opens. You’ll see one option which says “Magnify” and then - then percentage of magnifiyng ahd then +. Clicking on - you can decrease the size until it appears suitable or normal to you. The square icon beside all this fits the site to yur screen (or resets the view, I’m not sure though).

If this doesn’t work holding CTRL and scrolling up or down the mouse wheel will do the trick.

This thread isn’t only for the languages @aran has on his list but in general for the discussion about all languages which don’t have their own forum (what means apart from Spanish and Welsh) and since I’ve written more or less about my country it seamed only right to me I open a topic here as this actually has nothing to do with Welsh.

However you’re interested in similarity inbetween Latvian and Welsh what is highly recommended to be discussed in Welsh side of the forum though.

1 Like

Diddorol iawn! I’m not using Crome. But I found a mention by Googling enlarged screen and Ctrl0 was suggested as a cure. I tried Ctrl with moved finger on touchpad (no mouse) and it did nothing, so I tried Ctrl0 which worked too well, making script too small for my eyes. Experimenting, I tried Ctrl+ which worked perfectly! I clearly hit Ctrl with something that made it big but I don’t recall hitting + just then!!
Anyway, all is now well!!
I am still chasing connections between Latvia and Wales, but have yet to get any definite answers!