Oxford walks

Ah, thanks @johnwilliams_6 for the link from the other thread! I’m sure well be fine with your friend who has impetigo, although it was very good of her to consider how we might feel about it :slight_smile:

1 Like

Such a great day today - thank you @johnwilliams_6 @RichardBuck @cat-1 (and kids) and John’s lovely friend Roz! According to Fitbit me and the kids have broken our previous long walk record (round Llys-y-Fran in Pembs) … I think we all definitely earned our Twisters :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Mortimer reckons we did a gazillion steps. He’s still not asleep though!
Diolch i bawb! :sleeping:

3 Likes

Yes, indeed, diolch i bawb! And well-done ‘y plantos’!

2 Likes

I reckon he’s right :confused:

Exciting end to a fun Welsh day: my tweet was faved by Tyler from Pobol y Cwm screeeeeeeeam

4 Likes

:astonished::grin:

2 Likes

We’re already well into November so time to set a date for this month’s walk+sgwrs which is going to be next Saturday, i.e. Sat 18th November, details to follow.

With Christmas stuff already looming large it might help to set a date also now for our December walk+sgwrs - that’s going to be on Sat 2nd December, and again details to follow.

Please do post a message if you’re hoping to join one or other of the walks or if you have any questions - and new route suggestions are always useful :slight_smile:
As always, all welcome!
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

So the plan for the circular walk on Saturday (18 Nov) is for another visit to Wytham Wood and, with luck :slight_smile:, some glimpses of deer, lots of birds and some interesting ffwng.

We’ll meet up at 12 noon outside The Trout Inn in Wolvercote (Port Meadow car park is only a short distance from The Trout and there are regular buses to Wolvercote from central Oxford). From there we’ll walk across fields to Wytham village and on to Wytham Wood and maybe stop for a cuppa in Wytham on the way back.

Do please post a message or PM if you’re planning to join us.

Hwyl, John

2 Likes

I’m planning on popping along to MiAO tomorrow, but not able to make the walk, I fear.

1 Like

I can’t do the walk this time I’m afraid. :disappointed:

Diolch Richard - and a quick reminder to everyone that there’s a walk scheduled for tomorrow, Sat 18th. There are no takers thus far, so please do let me know if you’re planning to come along - I’ll need to know by first thing tomorrow morning otherwise, unfortunately, we’re going to have to cancel this one :disappointed:
Hwyl, John

Unfortunately, seems no one can make it for a walk today so I’m afraid this one is cancelled :disappointed::sob: …still, we have another in the diary in a couple of weeks on Sat 2nd Dec :slight_smile: Do let me know if you think you can make that one - route still to be decided, so people are very welcome to make suggestions. Hwyl am y tro, John

Helo @cat-1 @rebecca @RichardBuck @Betterlatethan @HelenV-E @ramblingjohn and pawb. The plan for walk next Saturday, 2nd Dec, is going a route around Blenheim Palace Great Park (nr Woodstock) - all on public access paths so nothing to pay! :slight_smile:

We have two possible starting places, in Woodstock itself or in Combe village (on the west of the park) and two possible routes blue (7 miles) and blue+pink (5 miles) shown on the map.

The route we can decide on the day, but for the starting point.

• Woodstock has buses from Oxford and has a 100+ car park but, being a Saturday, spaces might be at a premium.
  • Combe has a station but no trains that morning - for parking there are “Spaces in the centre of Combe”

We can meet at midday outside the relevant church, but let me know which of the two works best for you.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

First NCT session on Saturday 2nd so I won’t be able to join you for the walk.

Mwynhau

H.

Sorry, I’m scuppered for that day too - I’ve tried to organise everyone in my life so that I could make it this time, but to no avail. :confounded:
I think I need two of me. :persevere: :busts_in_silhouette:

A quick reminder that there’s the Blenheim park walk in the diary for this Saturday, 2nd Dec. I haven’t heard yet though if anyone can make it, so do please post a message before Saturday if you’re interested otherwise it looks as if it’ll have to be postponed. Hwyl, John

1 Like

Hi! I’m sorry to say that I don’t think we’ll make this due to illness.

I don’t think I can make it, either, I’m afraid.

Just to confirm that Saturday’s walk is being postponed to a later date, probably now that’ll be after - but hopefully not too long after - Christmas. In the meantime, suggestions for new places to walk always welcome. Hwyl, John

1 Like

Helo pawb - it’s not too early to start thinking about our first walk of 2018, so @cat-1 @RichardBuck @rebecca @ramblingjohn, and indeed anyone else who might be interested, could you let me know which dates in January, if any, you think might work for you?

We could perhaps try this route of 13km/8miles, according to the Ramblers Assoc, starting from Stonesfield, nr Charlbury (one of the points of interest being the remains of a Roman villa with “one of the best surviving examples of a hypocaust”), but alternative suggestions are always welcome

Hwyl, John

1 Like