Oxford walks

Barring the appearance of some last minute participants, looks like the weekend of 14-15 July for the walk - so how about celebrating Bastille Day with a walk+sgwrs yn Gymraeg? Let me know @cat-1 @RichardBuck @rebecca @Laura_P_87 @ramblingjohn @s-coates1 @janjones_1 and others interested
Hwyl, John

1 Like

PS Donā€™t be shy! :slight_smile: Itā€™s usually a mix of Cymraeg and Saesneg, and plantos and/or partners (or ffrindiau Ffrengeg! :fr: :slight_smile:) are welcome as well if theyā€™re happy with a mix of ieithoedd (languages).

PPS The route depends a bit on who can make it, where theyā€™re coming from and if they have their own transport - hope to post details by middle of the week

The trains still appear woefully unpredictable.

Cheers J.P.

Thatā€™s not good news! And Iā€™d forgotten, too, that Oxford Station is due to be closed from today until 23 July for ā€˜improvement worksā€™, so itā€™s buses to and from Didcot at the momentā€¦

Iā€™m afraid Iā€™m largely out of action at weekends for the foreseeable - summer holidays preceded by a couple of other commitments. I might be up for mis Awst, depending on childrenā€™s birthday parties!

2 Likes

Very similar deal here, Iā€™m afraid.
I think someone told me once that there will EVENTUALLY be some time at the weekends. :wink:
Whether they were actually telling the truth or not is anyoneā€™s guessā€¦

1 Like

Oh, dear! This is not looking very promising :disappointed: ā€¦
If weekends are not going to work out, though, might a weekday be a possibility for anyone??

1 Like

Well, Iā€™ve got some leave booked before the end of the school term, so I could be around on Thursday-Friday 12-13 and on Thursday-Friday-Monday 19-20-23, if any of those are any good ā€“ but I would need to be back in time to pick up from school at 3pm.

1 Like

Diolch @RichardBuck - Thurs-Fri 12-13 and Thurs 19 could work for me, perhaps starting 10-11-ish to ensure you can get back by 3pm.
What about you @cat-1 @rebecca @Laura_P_87 @s-coates1 @janjones_1 or anyone else who might be interested?

Canā€™t do 12th or 13th - Dot has her operation on the 10th and will need to stay home for 7-10 days. I could do the 23rd as long as Iā€™m back for pick up! :grinning:

Diolch @cat-1 - the 23rdā€™s a possibility then - I canā€™t do that, but is there anyone else who can make that date? Let us know if you can :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh shame! Sorry - should have LOOKED at the dates better! I will do the 19th instead if Dorothy is feeling ok to go back to school - just canā€™t say until nearer the time.

1 Like

That seems promising, then - letā€™s pencil in the 19th then (and maybe keep the 23rd as the fallback date, if needs be) :slight_smile:. Croesi bysedd for Dot on Tuesday! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch! GULP!
Iā€™ll ask Jo about the 19th too. :relaxed:

Good idea! :slight_smile:

This week is No trains in Newbury, so it seems we are taking turns on where
replacement buses are in use.

Cheers J.P.

At least itā€™ll make bus operators happy, if no-one else!
Hwyl, John

Afraid I didnā€™t have my diary/laptop with me to respond this weekend. Weekdays are no good for me, sorry.

Hopefully, weā€™ll be able to set up another weekend walk before too long - on one of the last two weekends in August might be a possibility, although it can be difficult over the summer holidays with people off doing other things.

A quick reminder @cat-1 @RichardBuck @rebecca @janjones_1 that we have a walk pencilled in for next week on Thurs 19th (confirmation one way or the other plus details during the week, with Mon 23rd as a fall back)
Hwyl, John

1 Like