Oxford Welsh learners group

No problem, there’s a book for that! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Hello! Those sound like great ideas as it would be good to meet up with Cat and I would very much like to meet Meg sometime in the future too. I have no experience of dogs however I am sure I might get on well with a Welsh one! As I am not working I am fairly flexible as to when I can meet. However I’m sorry I can’t make the RB tomorrow. Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

I’d be up for an occasional weekend meetup too

1 Like

Profound apologies to anyone who might have been waiting for me to turn up :worried: - in the end I didn’t make it to the RB until around 2, but too late :slightly_frowning_face:

Hello everyone.
Thanks, @johnwilliams_6. At the moment I can mostly manage Mondays at 11, though I have to leave at 12. Tuesdays - almost never. Wednesdays - maybe morning or early afternoon. Thursdays - maybe 2 weeks out of 4 but it clashes with Ramblers. Fridays - maybe if I am not in the shop. Saturdays - never. Sundays - never mornings though afternoon might just be possible.
It’s great to have four new members and I am delighted to have met three of them so far.
I just had an unexpected day in Wales. My daughter and I were staying in Chester for a few days.
Daughter: “There are trains from Chester to Holyhead.”
Me: “Oh?”
Daughter: “Why don’t we go there?”
So we did.
Sue

3 Likes

Helo pawb - it’ll be our usual pattern for Easter week’s meetups

• Monday, 15 April from 11am in Café Bap , Abingdon Rd
  • Wednesday 17 April 8.30pm in James Street Tavern , James St., East Oxford (but best to check first with @s-coates1 on this one)
  • Thursday, 18 April in The Royal Blenheim , St Ebbe’s/Pembroke St from 12 noon

Hope to see you there
Hwyl, John
PS There’ll also be a walk+sgwrs on Sat 20th - see Oxford walks thread
PPS If you haven’t already don’t forget to respond to the New term, new schedule?? question above

For the next term I think my weekday teaching schedule is basically going to mean that I can’t normally make M-W lunchtimes but could make Th/Fri. At weekends we usually do the main weekly shopping around Cowley Road on Saturday late morning and early afternoon, but don’t have regular Sunday commitments.

1 Like

A quick reminder about tomorrow’s meetup …

… and a reminder about these reminders :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello I’m very sorry I won’t be able to meet today at RB as I am still having work done on my house! Look forward to meeting you all again after Easter. Pasc Hapus iawn I bawp. Bethan

2 Likes

Dim problem Bethan - hope the work on the house is going OK :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

Diolch John. I can’t wait for it all to be finished! Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

And a reminder on the Oxford walks thread:

2 Likes

Helo pawb, - re New term, new schedule?? we can agree any changes later, but for next week it’ll be the usual schedule:

Hwyl, John

I’ll be there tomorrow. Unlikely to be on time (as ever), but I’ll do my best :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry, I’m working tomorrow and I shall probably be out walking on Thursday unless it rains hard.
Sue

1 Like

Sorry I can’t make today. ( Spending Bank holiday with my family). Hopefully I will make it to RB on Thursday. Bethan

1 Like

Turns out Cafe Bap’s closed today (despite what they said last Monday :frowning: ) so I’m afraid we’re going to have to cancel

Helo @mouselovinlady - thinking about the possibility of resecheduling our meetups, has it been finalised yet which day of the week you’re going to be having off post-Easter?
Hwyl, John

A quick memory jog for our meetups tonight and tomorrow …

Also, re New term, new schedule??, how do people feel about shifting our Thursday meetup to Fridays? I think that should work for @RichardBuck and @bethan-williams-1 and, at least potentially as well as Thurs, for @Betterlatethan and should be better for @cat-1 (while still maybe leaving open the option for @cat-1 and @mouselovinlady to teach their dogs Welsh of a Thursday lunchtime :slightly_smiling_face:) - @rebecca and @jane-18, how might this work for you? Let me know
Hwyl, John
PS And, of course, there’s also @rachaelseculer-faber’s suggestion of a Sat/Sun a.m. meetup which could work sometimes for @Laura_P_87 - is anyone else up for weekend morning meetups?

Hello John, yes, a Friday may suit both myself and Richard well. Many thanks, Jane

1 Like