Oxford Welsh learners group

@ruth-connor I didn’t realise it was your first time too!

2 Likes

Diolch pawb for an enjoyable sgwrs and well done @ruth-connor and @owen-mcknight , you did really well :slightly_smiling_face:

This goes straight into my diary! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Did you? I didn’t hear that. You did really well. I hardly understood anything when I started coming. I failed to understand when someone asked what my name was. Lovely to meet you, and see you next time.
Sue

Yes, seven is particularly good. See you again soon.
Sue

Helo pawb - for next week’s meetups don’t forget on Friday there’s a another change of venue, this time to the Royal Blenheim:

• Wednesday morning, 9 Oct from 10:30am in Café Bap, Abingdon Rd
  • Friday morning, 11 Oct from 12:00 in the The Royal Blenheim, corner St Ebbes/Pembroke St (easier to find than The Turf so you probably don’t need a map but there’s one anyway below :slightly_smiling_face:)

… and don’t forget to make a note of this :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl, John

PS See also Oxford Walks thread for suggested dates for October & November walks

A quick reminder about tomorrow’s 1030am meetup in Cafe Bap - hope you can make it! :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

1 Like

I plan to come to Cafe Bap tomorrow but I notice it coincides with Cymru v Figii Cwpan rygbi’r byd! Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

I’m recording it (and it’s too stressful to watch live! :anguished:).
We can check the score though via the Cafe Bap wifi :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I plan to be there too.
Sue

1 Like

Also planning to come along (at some point…!) :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

:santa: - yes, Nadolig/Christmas is peeping over the horizon and, remembering how successful was our Christmas lunch in Cafe Bap last year, maybe we should start thinking about organising another one this year? :grinning:
So… assuming we can find a convenient date, would you be up for an Oxford SSiW/(DRyG Rhydychen??) Xmas lunch?
We can focus on when and where once we know how many, but Cafe Bap could be a good choice if we could fit everyone in - I think there were eleven of us last year!
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Yes, if date is OK. Last year was great.
Sue

1 Like

Bethan, Sue and Chris gave the thumbs up on this at Cafe Bap today, but I guess I should tag the rest of you, @RichardBuck @cat-1 @rebecca @rachaelseculer-faber @jane-18 @mouselovinlady @thomasd @claireesau @ruth-connor @owen-mcknight just to make sure you’ve seen it :slightly_smiling_face: - and of course anyone else who might be interested
Hwyl, John
PS Re the Jesus College carol service, I should have mentioned that partners and children are also welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Yes please! Count me in!! :christmas_tree:

1 Like

Sounds a super plan to me :santa:

1 Like

Helo eto

So far nine of us have said they’d like to come to CInio Nadolig :santa::grinning: I’ve set up this Doodle poll covering all December up to Nadolig for you to indicate suitable/maybe dates: https://doodle.com/poll/xwabzprxdqgd9mus (click on ‘+’ symbol to the right of ‘1 participant’ to add your name).

It’s fairly straightforward to complete and you can make changes later, but do let me know if you have any problems or questions :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl, John

Don’t forget pawb that we’re trying The Royal Blenheim for this week’s Friday 12:00 meetup :slightly_smiling_face:

Also, diolch Ruth, Sue and Bethan for completing the Cinio Nadolig Doodle poll - I’d meant to tag everyone about this (see above for link) but forgot :roll_eyes: - so I’d better do it now for the rest of you :slightly_smiling_face: @RichardBuck @cat-1 @rebecca @rachaelseculer-faber @jane-18 @mouselovinlady @thomasd @claireesau @owen-mcknight @chris-roberts

Hwyl, John

1 Like

I need to wait for my December rota to appear before I know which days I’ll be free, but hopefully it shouldn’t be too long…

1 Like

I’m sorry I won’t be able to meet at RB today as I have caught horrible cold! Hope you all have good time. Hwyl Bethan

2 Likes