Oxford Welsh learners group

With the summer holidays upon us and as, sadly for us (but very happily for them!), two of our group have moved to Cymru - llongyfarchiadau iddyn nhw! - there won’t be another Oxford meetup for a few weeks. Watch this space for updates!
Hwyl fawr, John

2 Likes

The Oxford group’s first meetup after the summer holidays is going to be on Thursday (NB not the usual Tuesday) this week, 22nd Sept, from 5.30pm onwards downstairs in the Jericho Cafe (in Walton St, opp. Phoenix Cinema). As usual, all welcome - let me know, though, if you think you might be arriving later than 7-ish
Hwyl, John

1 Like

A quick reminder about the Oxford meetup tomorrow (Thursday) - see above for details. Hwyl, John

1 Like

Just to let everyone know that next week’s meetup will be again on Thursday (29 Sept), as before from 5.30pm downstairs at the Jericho Cafe (if you can’t make it until after 7pm, do let me know so that we can make sure to be there when you arrive!).
From now on, Thursday will be our regular meetup day; also, for the time being at least, we’ll continue to meet up in the Jericho Cafe which offers beer/wine/tea/coffee etc and good food (although if people feel a pub/cafe/other in a more central location might work better, we’re open to suggestions)
Hwyl fawr, John

1 Like

A quick reminder about tomorrow’s meetup (Thurs 29 Sept), as usual from 5.30pm downstairs at the Jericho Cafe (http://www.thejerichocafe.co.uk/) - the cafe’s open 'til 9pm, but do let me know if you think you might be later than 7.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Just to confirm that this coming week’s meetup will be on Thursday 6th Oct, as usual from 5.30pm downstairs in the Jericho Cafe. Do let us know, though, if you think you’ll be arriving later than about 7
Hwyl, John

1 Like

A quick reminder that there’s another meetup tonight in the Jericho Cafe (see above for details) - all welcome. Hwyl, John

1 Like

There’s another meetup scheduled for next Thursday, 13th Oct, but it may be starting a bit later than usual, so watch this space for further details
Hwyl, John

In the end, with people away this week, I’m afraid we’re going to have to postpone the next scheduled Oxford meetup to next Thurs, 20th Oct, as we can’t guarantee that anyone will be able to make it this week.

However, if you’d been hoping to come along to this week’s meetup, why not post a message to this thread to see if there’s anyone who might nevertheless be able to join you.
Hwyl fawr, John

1 Like

Just to confirm that the next Oxford meetup will be next Thursday, 20th Oct, as usual from 5.30pm onwards, downstairs at the Jericho Cafe, opp. Phoenix Cinema in Walton St. All welcome, and do get in touch if you have any questions.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

A quick reminder that there’s another Oxford meetup tonight - see above for details

1 Like

People away again this week coming so I’m afraid we need to postpone the next meetup to Thursday of the following week, i.e.3 Nov.
As before, though, if you’re around in the coming week and would like to see if there’s anyone else who might be able to join you for a sgwrs, why not post a message to this thread.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

A quick reminder that our next meet up will be Thursday, 3 November, as usual downstairs in the Jericho Cafe from 5.30pm onwards - as always, all welcome.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Just to say the next SSiW meetup in Oxford will be on Thurs 10th Nov - usual time, usual place & all welcome. If you have any questions do get in touch. Hwyl, John

2 Likes

A quick note to say that our next meetup at the Jericho Cafe on Thursday this week (8th Dec - 5.30pm onwards) is likely to be the last one cyn Nadolig, so do join us if you can. All welcome, but do please let me know if you think you might not be able to get to the cafe before 7pm. Hwyl, John

1 Like

@johnwilliams_6 Please ask any of your group who have not signed the S4C petition to please do so! Thanks, Diolch, Nadolig Llawen!
Link is:

1 Like

Just to say the first Oxford SSiw meetup of 2017 will be tomorrow evening (Thurs 5th Jan) from 5.30pm onwards downstairs in the Jericho Cafe, Walton Street (opp Phoenix Picturehouse) - all welcome, and do get in touch if you have any questions
Hwyl fawr, John

1 Like

There’s another meetup at the Jericho Cafe this Thursday, 12th Jan - let me know if you’ve any questions. Hwyl, John

2 Likes

A quick reminder that there’ll be another meetup tomorrow, Thurs 19th Jan, in the Jericho Cafe - all welcome
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Just to confirm that there’ll be another Oxford/Rhydychen group meetup this week on Thursday/Ddydd Iau, as usual downstairs from 5.30pm at the Jericho Cafe. As always, all welcome - do get in touch if you’d like any more info. Hwyl, John

1 Like