Oxford Welsh learners group

Helo eto - the weather forecast for this lunchtime still not looking good :slightly_frowning_face:, so let’s revert to Zoom for today’s (Fri 30th) meetup (and keep fingers crossed for next week! :crossed_fingers:)
John

2 Likes

Helo bawb - the weather forecast seems somewhat more promising for next Friday (at the moment!) so let’s stick with Broad Meadow for our Friday meetup (unless there are any suggestions for another location more sheltered from any rain?):

• 12:00 Tuesday 3rd August / dydd Mawrth 3edd Awst (via Zoom - let me know if you need the login details)
  • 12:00 Friday 6th August / dydd Gwener 6ed Awst (‘Broad Meadow’ - opposite Balliol College)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John
PS On Friday it’ll still be possible, of course, for those of you who wish to to meetup via Zoom but best to post a message to say you’re planning to do this :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I’m sorry I won’t be able to join you today as I have physio appointment. Bethan

1 Like

Helo, sorry I can’t join you either as I have a hair appointment
Jane

Hope that’ll do the trick, Bethan :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Helo eto - let’s persist with the Friday Broad Meadow meetup for this week - at the moment the weather forecast is for a dry day, fingers crossed :crossed_fingers: Tuesday’s meetup will as usual be via Zoom:

• 12:00 Tuesday 10th August / dydd Mawrth 10ed Awst (via Zoom - let me know if you need the login details)
  • 12:00 Friday 13th August / dydd Gwener 13eg Awst (‘Broad Meadow’ - opposite Balliol College)

I won’t be able to make Friday’s meetup, whether in the open air or via Zoom, so please do let others know here if you’re hoping to meet up in Broad Meadow that lunchtime :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl a chadw’n iach
John

Hi!
My name is Hannah and I’ve just moved to Wantage. I studied Welsh through GCSE and A Level but I’m pretty rusty now and I’d love to pick it up again. Would it be possible for me to join one of your meetups please?

2 Likes

Yes, of course, Hannah a croeso!
I’ll send you a PM (Personal Message) now with the Zoom login details and do let us know if you’re planning on joining us at one of the meetups in Broad Meadow so we can keep an eye out for you.
Also this Sunday, if you’re interested, you could join one of the occasional walks+sgwrs which we have with the aim of practising a bit of Welsh as we go.
Hwyl, John

Hi John,

Thank you very much for your reply- I would love to join the walk and sgwrs sunday :slight_smile: May you please tell me the details for this?
Thanks,
Hannah

1 Like

Hi Hannah - as yet, we’re still working on the details for the walk but more than likely we’ll be meeting up at midday in Hinksey Park, just off Abingdon Rd in Oxford and heading west out of the city to Chilswell Valley and back - there’s a map and details of the walk here: https://www2.oxfordshire.gov.uk/cms/sites/default/files/folders/documents/environmentandplanning/countryside/walksandrides/valeofWH/cwredbridge1b.pdf
There’s this separate thread here, by the way, where we discuss arrangements and routes for walks: [Oxford walks](https://forum.saysomethingin.com
/t/oxford-walks/7540/562)
Hwyl, John

Wonderful, thank you!

Helo bawb - last Friday was dry, thankfully, and @owen-mcknight @chris-roberts and I had a good meetup in Broad Meadow,.so let’s hope for dry weather next Friday as well.
Here are the details, then, for this week’s meetups

• 12:00 Tuesday 17th August / dydd Mawrth 17eg Awst (via Zoom - let me know if you need the login details)
  • 12:00 Friday 20th August / dydd Gwener 20ain Awst (‘Broad Meadow’, opposite Balliol College - if you find you can’t make central Oxford for this, do give Zoom a try in case anyone else is in the same predicament :slightly_smiling_face: )

Hwyl a chadw’n saff,
John

I shall be in Caergaint this Friday but wish you well for another dry day in Broad Meadow!

1 Like

I’m sorry I can’t join you on zoom today. Hwyl Bethan

8.30am Fri 20th - decision time! :confused:
I know @chris-roberts was thinking of join me in Broad Meadow this lunchtime - is anyone else intending to join us or would it be better for us to boost the numbers on the lunchtime Zoom instead? Over to you pawb! :slightly_smiling_face:

Shall we Zoom then John?

1 Like

OK, let’s Zoom! :rocket:

1 Like

Helo bawb - we may be adjusting meetup days/times in the coming weeks, but for now we’ll stick with the current pattern:

• 12:00 Tuesday 24th August / dydd Mawrth 24ain Awst (via Zoom - let me know if you need the login details)
  • 12:00 Friday 27th August / dydd Gwener 27ain Awst (‘Broad Meadow’, opposite Balliol College - if you find you can’t make central Oxford for this, do give Zoom a try in case anyone else is doing the same :slightly_smiling_face:)

Hwyl a chadw’n iach
John

Helo bawb - sorry, I’m a bit late with meetup details for this week :slightly_frowning_face:

• 12:00 Tuesday 31st August / dydd Mawrth 31ain Awst (via Zoom - let me know if you need the login details)
  • 12:00 Friday 3rd September/ dydd Gwener 3ydd Medi (‘Broad Meadow’, opposite Balliol College - if you find you can’t make central Oxford for this, do give Zoom a try in case anyone else is doing the same :slightly_smiling_face:)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff,
John

Helo bawb -just to confirm this week’s meetups:

• 12:00 Tuesday 7th September / dydd Mawrth 7ed Medi (via Zoom - let me know if you need the login details)
  • 12:00 Friday 10th September/ dydd Gwener 10ed Medi (‘Broad Meadow’, opposite Balliol College - there may also be some who can’t get to Broad Meadow meeting up on Zoom instead)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John