Oxford Welsh learners group

Diolch am y sgwrs heddiw @bethan-williams-1. I’m afraid my sentences started to disintegrate after a bit! Towards the end someone nearby seemed to be looking annoyed with us & I wondered if they resented us invading their quiet reading space with our chatter - I suppose it’s not clear to others that we have permission to be there…

2 Likes

Diolch i ti hefyd Chris. Your sentences were fine. Perhaps we need to make a sign- Oxford Welsh Learners meeting ! We could then take it with us! Certainly it was much busier in the quiet space than last week. It seems to vary. Enjoy your weekend and holiday. Bethan

2 Likes

Helo bawb - it’s the usual schedule for this week’s meetups.

• 12:00 Tuesday 21st June / dydd Mawrth 21ain Mehefin (via Zoom - contact me for login details )
  • 12:00 Friday 24th June / dydd Gwener 24ain Mehefin (Weston Library’s ‘Space for Reading’ , opp. side of entrance hall from the Weston Library cafe, Broad Street, Oxford)

I’ve emailed Helen in the library to say that we’d like to take up her offer to put out a sign (might be on the round table rather than the coffee table by the sofas :slightly_smiling_face: )

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

1 Like

Helo bawb - sorry confirmation of this week’s meetups is a bit late:

• 12:00 Tuesday 28th June / dydd Mawrth 28ain Mehefin (via Zoom - contact me for login details )
  • 12:00 Friday 1st July / dydd Gwener 1af Gorffenaf (Weston Library’s ‘Space for Reading’ , opp. side of entrance hall from the Weston Library cafe, Broad Street, Oxford - there’s likely to be a sign on one of the tables confirming that they’ve booked the space for us)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - usual pattern of meetups this week:

• 12:00 Tuesday 5th July / dydd Mawrth 5ed Gorffenaf (via Zoom - contact me for login details )
  • 12:00 Friday 8th July / dydd Gwener 8ed Gorffenaf (Weston Library’s ‘Space for Reading’ , opp. side of entrance hall from the Weston Library cafe, Broad Street, Oxford - should be a sign on one of the tables confirming that the space is booked for us)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

1 Like

I’m sorry I won’t be able to make zoom today or Weston library this Friday. Hopefully I will be able to join you next week. Enjoy the meet up. Bethan

1 Like

Helo bawb - no surprises, we’ll be sticking to the same meetup days & times this week:

• 12:00 Tuesday 12th July / dydd Mawrth 12ed Gorffenaf (via Zoom - contact me for login details )
  • 12:00 Friday 15th July / dydd Gwener 15ed Gorffenaf (Weston Library’s ‘Space for Reading’ , opp. side of entrance hall from the Weston Library cafe, Broad Street, Oxford - should be a sign on one of the tables confirming that the space is booked for us)

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

The sign wasn’t there last Friday, but we went ahead anyway. All being well, I should be there next Friday.
Sue

1 Like

Helo bawb - this week’s meetups still follow the same pattern:

• 12:00 Tuesday 19th July / dydd Mawrth 19eg Gorffenaf (via Zoom - contact me for login details )
  • 12:00 Friday 22nd July / dydd Gwener 22ain Gorffenaf (Weston Library’s ‘Space for Reading’ , opp. side of entrance hall from the Weston Library cafe, Broad Street, Oxford - hopefully, unlike last week, there’ll be sign on one of the tables confirming that the space is booked for us, but don’t worry if you can’t see it, it is booked! :slightly_smiling_face: )

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo bawb - the last week in July and school holidays have started here in Oxfordshire, but hopefully we can keep the same pattern of weekly meetups going through holiday weeks. For this week then it’ll be:

• 12:00 Tuesday 26th July / dydd Mawrth 26ain Gorffenaf (via Zoom - contact me for login details )
  • 12:00 Friday 29th July / dydd Gwener 29ain Gorffenaf (Weston Library’s ‘Space for Reading’ , by the windows on the opp. side of entrance hall from the Weston Library cafe, Broad Street, Oxford - with luck there’ll be sign on one of the tables confirming that the space is booked for us, but don’t worry if you don’t see one, it is booked! :slightly_smiling_face: )

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

2 Likes

There was a sign on the coffee table last Friday! Bethan

2 Likes

Helo bawb - August already and this summer seems to be flying past. We’ll be trying to keep to the same weekly pattern of meetups going through holiday weeks - newcomers form complete beginners to first language speakers are particularly welcome - do get in touch if you’d like to know more :slightly_smiling_face:

• 12:00 Tuesday 2nd August / dydd Mawrth 2ed Awst ( via Zoom - get in touch for the login details )
  • 12:00 Friday 5th August / dydd Gwener 5ed Awst (Weston Library’s ‘Space for Reading’ in Broad Street, Oxford. It’s in the entrance hall, next to the windows on the opp. side from the Library’s cafe. There may be a sign on one of the tables confirming the space is booked for us, but don’t worry if not, it has been booked! :slightly_smiling_face: )

Hwyl a chadw’n saff
John

Helo John

My partner and I have been learning Welsh via Duolingo after last learning at school in S Wales.

We went to the Eisteddfod yesterday and are feeling more inspired than ever to take our Welsh to the next level. Delighted to find out that this group exists.

We both work in central Oxford and hope to join you on Friday at the Weston.

Best wishes
James

6 Likes

Helo James - thanks for getting in touch and it’s great to hear that you’re both hoping to join us on Friday. In fact, I won’t be there myself as I’ll be travelling back from the Eisteddfod, but two or three of the others should be there in the ‘Space for Reading’.
Hwyl am y tro
John

2 Likes

Hello James, I am planning to be at the Weston Library this Friday. I am looking forward to meeting you and your partner there! Best wishes Bethan

2 Likes

Helo James,
Welcome! Unfortunately I shall not be there on Friday. I am doing an online course for the next 2 weeks. I hope to see you both after that.
Hwyl,
Sue

1 Like

Hello, I am Liz and live in Freeland between Oxford and Witney. I didn’t know there is a SSiW group in Oxford.
My eyesight is poor so I can no longer drive but I would love to be a online member of the group if that would be alright.
Liz

4 Likes

Hello Liz,
Welcome! We have an online session using Zoom on Tuesdays at 12:00. I am sure that @johnwilliams_6 will be here soon to give you the details for joining. I turn up when I can, but some weeks it clashes with a meeting in the village.
Do you ever get to either Oxford or Witney during the day, e.g. on the bus? I live in Radley, but have been known to make it to Witney by bus occasionally.
Hwyl,
Sue

1 Like

Hello Liz & Croeso!
We’ll be delighted to have you join us. I’ll send you a PM (personal message) with the login details for the Tuesday Zoom sessions
Hwyl,
John

Croeso Liz! I look forward to meeting you on zoom. Bethan