Oxford Welsh learners group

Noswauth dda Helen, and good to hear from you! I’ve just seen your latest blog and found it quite moving (for the others you can see Helen’s blog here: https://inthepursuitofwelsh.wordpress.com/). I do hope you’ll be able to make it to a meet-up soon, but we’re also hoping to have another weekend walk soon and it would be great if you and Hedd could join us. Hwyl fawr, John

2 Likes

Diolch yn fawr @johnwilliams_6. Hope to see you soon.

1 Like

So just to double check for the newsletter - this is now the Rydychen weekly meetup and it takes the place of the Jericho Café one? Or it’s in addition to that Thurs 5.30 one?

2 Likes

So, we meet at Linacre College at 1pm tomorrow? And the entrance is on St Cross Road?

2 Likes

Which what er where is that? Once I cross the Cherwell, I’m expecting Linacre on my left - will I see an entrance there, or will I need to do a kind of left-then-left-again sort of deal? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @Deborah-SSi - yes, that’s right, we’ve now dropped the Thurs 5.30 Jericho Cafe meetings

2 Likes

Yes, that’s it @aran and @rebecca - it’s right on the corner where St Cross Rd meets S Parks Road

3 Likes

I’ll be the one wandering around vaguely shouting ‘Lle mae pawb?!’… :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Shwmae pawb, Wish I could join you all for today’s Oxford meetup, but unfortunately still out of town. Hope the weather’s OK - thinking of your walk from Marston, Aran. Have a great sgwrs guys. Best wishes, Tom.

3 Likes

Diolch Tom!

2 Likes

Ah, a great day for a walk in from Marston!

3 Likes

Phew - I never remember to bring coats. Perhaps unwisely for someone who lives in the foothills of Eryri, I always expect the weather to be kind to me… :slight_smile:

Oxford Welsh learners group levelled up today by hanging out with Aran :grinning: Sadly I forgot to take a photo before Clive left, so he continues to avoid the forum. Left to right: me, @johnwilliams_6, Richard Williams (is he on the forum?), @RichardBuck, @cat-1, @aran.

Now I need a nap after all that sgwrsing cymraeg …

7 Likes

Wasn’t that like MASSIVELY fun? Diolch i bawb! Lovely to meet you Aran!

4 Likes

It was great! And it continues to be SUCH a buzz when I manage to say an entire (even if butchered) sentence :smile:

4 Likes

I need some stamina though - after an hour n…o… m…o…r…e w…o…r…d…s
:fearful::no_mouth::dizzy_face:

4 Likes

Lovely pic! Thank you for sharing, Rebecca. Good turnout, and obviously great fun. Wish I was there …

2 Likes

Yes, indeed! Diolch i bawb! And, of course, don’t forget there’ll be a regular meetup in the MOMA cafe on Friday. Hwyl, John

2 Likes

Looking forward to it on Friday! It occurred to me that it would be fun to have a second weekly meet-up sometimes, if people are up to it. Though I think I might run out of Welsh words …

2 Likes

Yes, no problem at all about having a second weekly meet-up from time to time if people are up for it - could be at MOMA or in a different location for a change, as today.
By the way, while I remember it, there are also likely to be some events organised by the Cymdeithas Dafydd ap Gwylim, the OxUni Welsh Society, which we should be able to attend

3 Likes