Oxford Welsh learners group

Oh dear - I seem to have given the wrong impression - possibly related to discussing it in Welsh, in competition with background noise, from opposite ends of the table. In general, Thursday & Friday are best for me - both Tuesday & Wednesday are possible, though neither are ideal and I’d be unlikely to be a frequent attenders, but of those Tuesday is better than Wednesday.

This Wednesday I definitely can’t make - I have a clash - and in consequence had better do my prep for Wednesday night on Tuesday.

Short version: ignore me for this week, and expect me on occasional Tuesdays, but not Wednesdays.

2 Likes

Thanks @johnwilliams_6 for kicking off this discussion! Would love to meet this Tues, and 10amish would be fine if that suits others.

Great to meet you too @mikeellwood!

1 Like

Yes, 10am-ish Tues will be fine for me too - probably better than midday, in fact. Shall we meet up in MOMA or try somewhere else?

This doesn’t rule out a mini-meetup on Wed 11th as well though if there are people interested in that - do post a message, pawb, if that’s the case
Hwyl, John

MOMA good for me but happy to move elsewhere too if that suits others. One problem: what about the iechyd implications of so much teisen that early in the day???

2 Likes

No - it’s the iechyd implications of siarading Cymraeg so early without cake that should be the worry…
:dizzy_face::cake::dizzy_face:
Shall we go bonkers and try somewhere else? Spirit of discovery and all that!

2 Likes

I want to come to Oxford on Wednesday 11th to visit the market and buy vegetables. I could either go to MOMA first, with luck by 10:00 if buses permit, or else I could go there after, at 12:00. Therefore, I could meet @cat-1 (and anyone else who is around) for coffeee if that would suit.

In general, I have other commitments on most Tuesdays, though fourth Tuesdays in the month might be all right. Wednesdays are all right more often than not, though I sometimes need to go to meetings.

Just seen @cat-1’s post. Yes, happy to try somewhere else, preferably reasonably quiet and central.
Sue

Sorry, @Betterlatethan - I can’t do Wednesdays at the moment!

Oops - sorry, misread. You said Tuesday, not Wednesday.
Sue

Well, teisen / cacen / :cake: = hapuswrydd :slight_smile: and hapuswrydd = iechyd

Any suggestions? Blackwells or Ashmolean cafes could be a couple of possibilities

1 Like

Is there anyone out there who can join Sue on Wed 11th? Do post a message if you can
Diolch, John

Sori @Betterlatethan a @johnwilliams_6 …Dw’i ddim gallu Dydd mercher wythnos yma/ I cant this Wednesday. Meetings.

Helen

OK - diolch, @HelenV-E - Do you keep an eye on the Oxford walks thread, by the way? The next walk’s this coming Saturday, 14th Oct, through Wychwood forest, starting out from Charlbury, and you’d both be welcome if you can make it.
John

I can. I think 12:00 would be better for me than 10:00, Sue. Would that be ok? Tagging @Betterlatethan :slight_smile:

@johnwilliams_6 If it’s 10:00 am on Tuesday, I might be able to make that as well, as my other activity that day (which meant 12:00 would have been difficult), isn’t until 2pm (with up to an hour needed for travel back to Abingdon).

I’ll do my best to be there, anyway. I’ll assume it’s at MOMA.unless I hear otherwise.

Talking of cake, I found a nice expression in Gweiadur.com:

fel cwrens mewn cacen cybydd” - “few and far between”

cybydd = miser

3 Likes

Yes, 12:00 on Wednesday would be fine.
Sue

2 Likes

@cat-1 @rebecca @mikeellwood shall we try the Ashmolean Museum cafe (on the lower ground floor) on Tuesday (tomorrow), then, for a change?

(Best to stick to MOMA for the weekly Friday meetups for the time being, though, as not everyone checks the forum before turning up :disappointed: )

Hwyl, John

3 Likes

Fine by me! See you tomorrow! Hwyl :slight_smile:

Sorry all - lurgy back in full force - feeling ofnadwy, as are one or two of the bachs. I’m crawling back to gwely - hope to be back in the land of nattering away in Cymraeg by Friday. :mask: :pensive: Double sorry as it was my idea to move it to earlier so I could come and I’m not even going to be there! Hopefully we’ll have some more extra meetings in the coming weeks.
In more positive news, the small people seem enthusiastic about wondering through the woods on Sat! :deciduous_tree:

Sorry, @mikeellwood. I have developed a nasty cold and sore throat, and I am not likely to be speaking in any language for the next few days. I shall therefore not be able to make it on Wednesday. I hope to see everyone next week.
Sue

Bad luck, both, @cat-1 @Betterlatethan - hope you’re feeling better soon!

Hope @rebecca & @mikeellwood are still OK for today in the Caffi Amgueddfa Ashmolean.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Know the feeling @Betterlatethan! Hope you perk up soon. :slight_smile: