Oxford Welsh learners group

Yes, still planning on coming - but with small children in tow, so may have to sit near the exit in case too much Welsh exceeds their boredom threshold :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After this eveningā€™s enjoyable Jesus College carol service, a quick reminder about the lunchtime meetup tomorrow, Friday, in the MOA cafe.
Hwyl, John

PS A reminder also about Saturdayā€™s walk - so far no-oneā€™s said theyā€™re planning to come on this one, so do say if you are otherwise itā€™ll have to be postponed

1 Like

Iā€™m not coming today :no_mouth: because small poorly children are my life right now! :mask:
@RichardBuck - were we the lone rangers today? Maeā€™n ddrwg gyda fi!

Clive was saying heā€™d be going, so no need for a Welsh monologue in MOA :slight_smile:

1 Like

Oh sorry to be slow everyone - I was planning to come but am ill AGAIN ā€¦ the sooner this term ends, the better! Next Friday, then ā€¦

Some years ago, many people whom I knew had LiveJournal accounts ā€“ but one didnā€™t, and tended to be referred to on Live Journal as ā€œDan WINOLJā€ (Dan Who Is Not On LiveJournal). Iā€™m afraid that, not knowing Cliveā€™s surname, he is now pigeonholed in my head as Clive SDAFF (Clive Sydd Dim Ar y Fforwm).

But anyway: you may have to convey my apologies to Clive. Knowing that he was supposed to be coming, but that it might just be the two of us, I had planned to be more punctual than I often am. Unfortunately, I needed to go out by car this morning, but the car had a flat battery: by the time Iā€™d put it on charge and done my errands by camper-van, I arrived at MOA at about my usual 12:30 time to find no Clive there. In case he was as late or later than I was, I dutifully sat & read Manon Steffan Ros for nearly an hour, and enjoyed it very much ā€“ but, sadly, I didnā€™t see Clive.

2 Likes

Oh, bad luck @rebecca - hope you manage to throw it off soon

1 Like

Thanks @RichardBuck - I havenā€™t heard yet whether Clive (the surnameā€™s Jenkins) made it or not to the cafe but Iā€™m glad you enjoyed your hour there anyway .

For those who attended the Jesus College Welsh Carol Service/ Gwasanaeth Carolau Cymraeg Coleg Iesu , and even maybe those who didnā€™t, thereā€™s a photo here, courtesy Llywelyn Rhys Hopwood:
https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10214764890855980&set=gm.1781630451849565&type=3&ifg=1
Itā€™s just possible to make out in the gloom on the right @HelenV-E Clive and me and @RichardBuck behind us concealed by the finial ( terfyniad, topwaith, blaen,
pen uchaf, pen pellaf - just had to look that one up :slight_smile:) of one of the pews

2 Likes

I have just pointed out to one of the plant that his right ear is visible through the pew :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Sorry, getting my Llywelynā€™s mixed up with my Llewelynā€™s - should be the latter for LRH

Llun gwych!

Last week, I fear, Clive found himself on his own at the Tuesday meetup and on Friday Richard had only Manon Steffan Ros for company but, sadly, not in person :disappointed:

But hereā€™s another week and with luck thereā€™ll be sgwrs & hwyl again in the caffis :slight_smile:: *

• Tuesday 5th Dec 10am in the Ashmolean cafe and
  • Friday 8th Dec 12:00 in the MOA/MOMA/MIAOW cafe, Pembroke St.

I have to be in London on Tuesday but hopefully thereā€™ll be at least a couple of people who can make it that day. and Iā€™ll be there on Friday. Do post a message if you can make it to one or both meetups - meanwhile Iā€™ll be contacting people who arenā€™t on the forum (PSDAFFā€™s?)
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

I canā€™t come on Tuesday but might manage Friday.
Sue

1 Like

Thanks, Sue - see you on Friday I hope. Guess I should tag @mikeellwood @cat-1 @rebecca just to make sure they saw my message

Hoping to make it on Friday too! :grinning:

1 Like

I wonā€™t be able to make Tuesday, but I might be able to make Friday. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Just to confirm that the meetup tomorrow, Tuesday, is being cancelled, as none of the PSDAFFs can make it either. I think we can definitely confirm Fridayā€™s meetup now though. Hwyl, John

1 Like

Quick reminder that, yes, there will be a meetup tomorrow, Fri 7th, as usual from 12:00 in the MOMA/MOA/MIAOW cafe, Pembroke St. Hope to see you there.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Yay, Iā€™ll be there, finally!

2 Likes