Oxford Welsh learners group

Collecting fy mam i from Glos that morning, but hoping to make it back to Ox in time to natter and drink tea whilst she hits the shops!
I did offer for her to come along too but one of hers eye started to twitch. You lot must be terrifying. :joy::joy::joy:

2 Likes

Or maybe terrified. I plan to be there.
Sue

2 Likes

Donā€™t know for sure if Iā€™ll make it ā€“ a man who was supposed to come to fix a thing today is now coming tomorrow ā€œabout lunchtimeā€, but I have asked them to ring and give me about 30 minutesā€™ notice.

I had hoped to be there ( we are not needed for Grandparent duties this Friday ), but now the lurgy has caught up with me (or the return of a lurgy I thought I had beaten off a couple of weeks agoā€¦but it has returned with cleverer tricksā€¦). Talking is painful, and I donā€™t want to risk spreading it, so I will keep away.

Hope you all have fun though.

Bad luck Mr E. Hope you feel better yn fuan.
:mask::frowning2::mask:

1 Like

Bad luck, Mike - hope youā€™ll be on the mend quickly and be able to join in the sgwrs with us again soonā€¦I wonder if thereā€™s a Welsh version of ā€˜before you can say Jack Robinsonā€™?
. Hwyl, John

1 Like

Thank you, @johnwilliams_6 and @rebecca. I enjoyed our meeting, even though I struggled a bit with background noise. Sorry you didnā€™t make it, @cat-1, @RichardBuck and @mikeellwood . We missed you.

4 Likes

Sorry to have missed you all! Retrieving grandmothers, and fighting with recalcitrant gearboxes meant that time (and luck) ran out. :confounded:
Granny making up for it by way of a consolation takeaway. Good woman, that. :blush:

1 Like

Helo @mikeellwood @cat-1 @rebecca @RichardBuck @Betterlatethan @HelenV-E (and anyone else whoā€™s interested) - With fast approaching Nadolig disrupting diaries it seemed a good idea to set up a Doodle poll to see which meetup dates might suit most people:
https://doodle.com/poll/9ifav9sz9nkehm8f
Simply (as the user manuals like to say :slight_smile: ) enter your name in the box and click on days/times which work for you (I had to put in exact times, but they just stand for morning, lunchtime & afternoon). Ideally, although not essential, we can keep to the regular Friday slot and have a second meetup earlier in the week.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

PS Should have added ā€œweather permittingā€:worried:

2 Likes

Itā€™s being blooming unpermitting at the moment! We are stranded! :astonished:

1 Like

I hope that you are released now. We have buses running again so the roads in both directions must be open.
Sue

2 Likes

We are soon to find out as my mother would like to escape. We think the village is clear, but our tiny lane is not, and the drive is still in a drift! :cloud_snow:

1 Like

Itā€™s interesting. The roads here in Abingdon have all been reasonably passable as far as I can tell, but I remember, the last time we had significant snow in Oxfordshire, it not being too bad here, but outlying villages were quite often stranded.

Anyway, pob lwc Cat.

BTW @johnwilliams_6 donā€™t think I am well enough to get to a meetup tomorrow (Dydd Mawrth) if there is one, but Iā€™ll have a look at the Doodle poll a bit later and try to fill it in.

Hwyl,
Mike

1 Like

Diolch, Mike - hope youā€™re back in the swing of things soon.
Doesnā€™t look, at the moment, as if anyoneā€™s going to be able to make it to tomorrowā€™s meetup though. Hwyl, John

The roads in our village seem to be ok, but we are out a little way and it makes all the difference. I have just been out on foot, and where there was slush, thereā€™s now ice. Might be another duvet day!!

1 Like

Similar here. The main road is reasonable, but the side roads and outlying areas are treacherous. A duvet day, where possible, seems a good idea. I hope that your mother managed her escape.

1 Like

She did, diolch! Imagine an indomitable granny bustling off, muttering about not having enough pills to keep her going, and youā€™ll have it. :smile:

1 Like

Is anyone up for a lunchtime meetup later today Wed 14th in the MOA cafe? From the Doodle poll I see that @rebecca might be able to make it, but not @Betterlatethan - what about you though @mikeellwood @cat-1 @RichardBuck @HelenV-E ?
Sorry this comes a bit late in the day (literally as itā€™s gone midnight and Iā€™ve only just got back from Llundain :sleepy: )
Hwyl, John
PS Thereā€™ll still be the regular Friday meetup of course

1 Like

Afraid not @johnwilliams_6ā€¦unable to carve out the time from work these next two weeks as lots to do before going on mat leave nesa wynos!

Nadolig Llawen everyone!

Helen

1 Like