Oxford Welsh learners group

No flurry! Put your feet up! :grin:

1 Like

Thank you @cat-1. I still can’t be sure about Monday, but the Turf Tavern does sound good. I did go there once - er - more than 40 years ago.
Sue

1 Like

Don’t think it’s changed much! :joy:

1 Like

Shwmae pawb! A reminder (in JR style :slight_smile:) that there’s a meet up tomorrow at 11am in the Turf ( Bath Place, off Holywell St), or Tafarn Y Dywarchen yn yr hen iaith!
I can’t be there because of half term high jinx (AND a daughter with a broken leg! :astonished:) so check back here to make sure you won’t be on your own!
@Betterlatethan @RichardBuck @rebecca @mikeellwood
Also Thursday at MAO at midday.
Hwyl!
Cat xxx

Hi @cat-1

Oh dear, your poor daughter! Poor you too. I remember what it was like to have a 5-year-old with a broken leg. I hope that it heals up well and quickly.

Not Monday 12th, but Thursday 15th is looking good.

Sue

1 Like

I can make it - but might not if I’m the only one! (I have to be in town anyway to pick up a couple of things, so I might just sit & nurse a coffee or a cheeky half & read my book, anyway.)

1 Like

If I hear of any takers, I’ll let you know, otherwise enjoy your cheeky half :smile:

Sorry not been in circulation much recently - various things happening, most recently holiday in Canaries (not as good as it sounds unfortunately - v. disappointing on the weather front - we’d been lucky in previous years, I guess). Still recovering from getting back in the small hours yesterday, so won’t make it to meetup today (Mon 12 Feb - Dydd Llun 12 Chwefror).

Actually, Mondays are not ideal for me in general, meetupwise. Thursdays should usually be possible, but as it happens, something has come up this coming Thursday (15 Feb), so I probably won’t make it. Hopefully will make at least one in the following week (beginning Mon 19 Feb).

Hwyl,
Mike

Shwmae pawb! Traditional mid week reminder of tomorrow’s meet up at Midday in MAO (for those of us NOT hosting a bunny themed party for a broken legged seven year old - and yes if anyone wants to swap…).
Anyone who thinks they will be there, do check in here to be sure of company! :coffee::coffee:
Also who thinks they’ll be up for a pub meet up on Monday? :blush:

1 Like

I can be there tomorrow, but I shall wait and see if anyone else responds before making a special trip to Oxford. Alas, not next Monday, and almost certainly not any Monday except perhaps in the holidays.
Sue

1 Like

I’m working a half day tomorrow, intending to finish around lunchtime. I probably won’t be any earlier than my usual time of sloping in about 12:30, but if I can get all the essential stuff done at work before then I shall endeavour not to be any later… But once term restarts Mondays are out for me, too.

1 Like

I shall aim to get to MAO by 12:30.
Sue

1 Like

Happy Dydd Sul pawb! Tomorrow’s meet up at 11am - pub! Currently I’m sporting a sick small person (not even the one with the broken leg! :rolling_eyes:), so I don’t know if I can be there (thought illness was restricted to half term, but no one has given the rule book to my kids), so please post your plans here and I’ll keep the others up to speed.
The Turf has been lovely, as was The King’s Arms, so if you fancy a return visit, we can do that, or choose another from the list!
Also a reminder of the usual Thursday meet up at MAO at midday.
@RichardBuck @Betterlatethan @mikeellwood @rebecca

1 Like

As usual in term-time, can’t make Monday, should make Thursday. [Insert sympathetic noises re uncooperative small invalids.]

1 Like

At this point tomorrow is looking a bit bleak, so I vote we concentrate on Thursday instead. I shall let the Wild Non Forum Types know.

Diolch! If you have monumental amounts of patience you could lend me, that would be marvellous…

Neither day for the next two weeks, unfortunately. Sympathetic noises from this direction too.
Sue

1 Like

A nudge about tomorrow’s meet up - midday at MAO. I can’t come AGAIN and I’m starting to itch without being able to natter to you lot! Next week is looking a bit more like it though! PHEW!

Bechod :disappointed: - back yesterday from haf yr Wladfa (Welsh Patagonian summer :grin:) to the gaeaf Rhydychen (Oxford winter) brrrr! :sob: and I’m missing the Cymraeg already - is anyone planning on meeting up tomorrow (Mon 25th) - somewhere with mulled win/mulled cider/mulled anything if poss :slight_smile: ?

Did anyone make it to the Oxford Welsh Male Voice choir St David’s Day concert on Saturday? And by the way, if you can make it, don’t forget that we’re all invited to attend the service on Thurs 1st March, St David’s Day (Gwyl Dewi Sant) proper, in Coleg Yr Iesu (Jesus College) - I’m planning to be there.
Hwyl, John

CROESO NÔL!!!
I can do tomorrow as long as no blooming children go downhill between now and then! Where do you want to go - pick another pub on the list?
Do wish you’d been a decent chap and brought some affable weather back with you! :snowflake::wink::snowflake:

Diolch @cat-1 - happy to go to The Turf if that suits, but anywhere’s fine for me

I do! I do! :sob::sob:

1 Like