Oxford Welsh learners group

Ie, great hwyl. Just wish I could get the counting geifr song out of my head now!
Dydd Gwyl Dewi Sant Hapus :ear_of_rice:

1 Like

Sadly, I have just realised that I wonā€™t be able to make Tuesday 3rd March after all, as it clashes with something long booked (but not spotted it would clash).

I hope others can make it and would encourage anyone who knows they can come to announce it here, so that others coming from a distance know they will have someone to talk to! :slight_smile:

Will do my best to make it on the 1st Tuesday in April, and of course, hopefully, weā€™ll also get a weekend meeting sorted out in the next few weeks.

1 Like

I have the feeling Iā€™d be alone in the Jericho cafe tonight so Iā€™m skipping it until next time. Pippa

And Iā€™m sorry to join a chorus of apologies, but I too canā€™t make it this evening. See you all next month!

Chwarae teg i gyd.

Letā€™s try to get the Charlbury Ramble organised for this month then. I canā€™t make this coming weekend (7-8th), but (as an opening bid, so to speak) could probably make the following one.(14th-15th). (I think John W is back then).

@ramblingjohn Sorry to put you on the spot John, but would you be free that weekend (14th-15th)?

EDIT: Apologies: I canā€™t make 14th after all, but 15th is possible.
21st-22nd is possible for me, but would have to leave by about 6 on the 21st.
28-29 is looking possible for me.

I would suggest a Saturday meet first time to see what cafeā€™s are available,
(but others may disagree which is fine) either Sat or Sun i can usually make.

I donā€™t know what time you wish to meet but the trains are earlier for me on a Saturday,
if we are meeting around midday i would suggest no more than an 18 mile ramble
due to lack of daylight.

Cheers J.P.

Diolch Mike - Any of the suggested dates for the Charlbury ramble would probably be good for me (as far as I can remember, that is - Iā€™ve left my diary at home, unfortunately).

Alas John, not all of us have your stamina. My mileage ambitions were more modest! :slight_smile:

A more modest ramble would suit me better too, but itā€™ll be April before I could make it. Thinks are pretty busy even then but would want to, & will try my best to join in.
Tan toc (new favourite expression from Porthpenwaig)

Ooh new one on me, and so is Porthpenwaig. Looking on the S4C website, I see that it includes the actor who plays ā€œIoloā€ on Rownd a Rownd, so it should be good.

On the other Oxford thread (Additional Meetups) thereā€™s also this posting by Carungo about the Charlbury ramble:

Yes Iā€™d enjoy a Charlbury ramble, there are several good pubs there, too. Not March 21/22 or Easter Ap 4/5 nor 11/12 . How about Suns April 19th or 26th, or May 10th or 17th ?

Rhaid i ni cofio bod John Crwydrwr yn cerddwr lefel genedlaethol, sef, ydy John wedi gwneud ā€œLeJogā€ a wedi cerdded gyd o gwmpas Cymru (efo Deic Offa hefyd). Felly ydy 18 milltir o gwmpas Charlebury fel ā€œdŵr o cefn hwyadenā€ i John. :slight_smile:

1 Like

(Just highlighting John Wā€™s post to bring the thread back on track after my little diversion in attempted Welsh :slight_smile: ):

I could do April 26th out of this list. Sorry, poor show I know. Pippa

Helo pawb. Iā€™ve set up a Doodle poll to help us settle on a date for the Charlbury ramble:1 - should be very easy to select dates which are convenient simply by clicking (itā€™s first time Iā€™ve set up a Doodle poll, though, so I hope it works!).

1 Like

PS The link should have read http://doodle.com/ru3882ad8si3y9du although the ā€˜1ā€™ does also work as a link

Gwych. Diolch i chi John. Pippa

Votingā€™s been a bit slow in the Doodle ā€˜pollā€™ on possible dates for the Charlbury Welsh ramble so I thought Iā€™d add a bit of encouragement. Various dates have indeed been mentioned on the thread, but using Doodle should make it much easier to agree on ā€˜theā€™ date if we can - all thatā€™s needed is to follow the link, add a name and tick the boxes for any dates which are good for you

1 Like

Sorry John; added my dates now.

Being self-employed now I can make most days in April except the 1st, 7th and 18th. So Iā€™ll wait and see what day you lot all come up with and go with it.

Jenny