Oxford Welsh learners group

I’m bowing out of a possible meet tomorrow after an enormous weekend away racing ducks, culminating in one kid with earache and one throwing up. On the upside, all the ducks are safe and well (although sad lack of funny duck emoji - what’s that about? :rolling_eyes:).
I have the dentist on Monday, but I’m going to move the appt - it’s all very well taking care of your teeth but Welsh comes FIRST! Gobeithio gweld pawb yn Y BAP!

1 Like

Can’t wait to hear all about duck racing (in Welsh! :slight_smile:) yn Caffi Bap on Monday!
Meanwhile, thanks to the Emojipedia(!), a duck emoji :duck:

1 Like

PS Just to confirm then, no meetup today (Wed 30) but the Royal Blenheim 12:00 meetup tomorrow (Thur 31), is going ahead as planned.

Not sure, but I might make it on Thursday after all. Hoping to meet @Laura_P_87 for the first time. Thanks, @johnwilliams_6.
Sue

1 Like

Unfortunately I won’t make tomorrow due to half term responsibilities!

Welsh Mike’s Bap Cafe is open again after the refurb so our 1100 meetup tomorrow (Mon 4th) will return to its regular home there - and on Thursday 7th our 1200 meetup will as usual be in the Royal Blenheim pub, St Ebbe’s/Pembroke St.
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

Sorry for the last minute notice but I’m going to pull out of today’s meetup - sneezing and spluttering with a nasty cold this morning and don’t want to infect the rest of you :disappointed:

Sorry to hear that. Get well soon.

Hoping to see @cat-1.

Sue

3 Likes

Bad luck @johnwilliams_6 - I know exactly how you feel having only partly emerged from the same sort of thing. I hope your splutters are short lived! :mask:
See you there @Betterlatethan!!

1 Like

Hope you had a good meetup on Monday! Splutters almost gone, thank goodness :slight_smile:, but my sister’s arrived for a visit now and I won’t be able to make tomorrow’s meetup :disappointed: so, pawb, do post a message if you’re planning to be there (1200 Thurs 7th in the Royal Blenheim) so that the others know
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

@cat-1 and I had a good chat on Monday.

On Thursday I am planning to go for a walk with the Ramblers somewhere around Oxford. I don’t know what time it finishes, so I might or might not make it to the Royal Blenheim. If I know for sure that others will be there then I shall try.
Sue

1 Like

Yes - we had a lovely natter! :grinning:
I can’t make it tomorrow - if I make it on a Monday, some sort of graft or other usually appears at the other end of the week as has happened this time. :rolling_eyes:
John! Teach your sister some Welsh! :wink:

1 Like

If there is at least one other person going tomorrow then I’ll come along again on my lunch break; I don’t want to show up and be the only one! :smiley:

1 Like

Hi @Laura_P_87
I shall make every effort to abandon the Ramblers in time and turn up, though I may not make it for 12:00. Not sure where they are going and how far from the centre of town. See you there.
Sue

1 Like

Don’t put yourself out (especially not on my account)!
But if you can make it, I’ll aim for about 12.15 but need to leave at 1 as usual :slight_smile:

12:15 it is.
Sue

I’m aiming to be there, too, although I often don’t manage it much before 12:30.

1 Like

For this week’s meetups it’ll be as usual, from 1100 Monday (11 June) in the Bap Cafe and from 1200 Thursday (14 June) in the Royal Blenheim. All welcome and do let me know if you have any questions.

My sister’s still visiting, so I doubt I’ll be able make it this week but I’ll see what I can do

No success @cat-1 I’m afraid!:disappointed:

2 Likes

My brother was just the same. sigh
I may be pushed this week as the eldest turns NINE and I ought to do something about that…

1 Like

I don’t think I can make it on Monday or Thursday this week. Sorry.
Sue