Oxford Welsh learners group

Quick reminder about tomorrow’s meetup:

• 12.00 Thurs 28th in the Royal Blenheim, St Ebbes/Pembroke St

… and apologies @s-coates1 for leaving it too late for a reminder about tonight’s Cowley Road meetup - hope there was a good turn out

1 Like

Mis Gorffenaf (July) already :dizzy_face:- let’s start the month with a meetup or two! :slight_smile::

• Mon 2nd from 11:00am in the Bap Cafe, Abingdon Rd
  • Wed 4th from 8:30pm in the Big Society, Cowley Rd (check with @s-coates1 for more info)
  • Thurs 5th from 12:00 in the Royal Blenheim, St Ebbes/Pembroke St

Brand new beginners to first language speakers, all welcome :slight_smile:
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Hope to make it on Monday. I shall be otherwise occupied for the next few Thursdays, unfortunately.
Sue

1 Like

Not my day today - sorry! I do wish things would behave in such a way that three hours on a Mon wasn’t too much to ask, but there’s so much leeway for something to crop up in that time!
Have a lovely sgwrs xxx

Oh, bad luck @cat-1 :disappointed: - ddydd Iau efallai, os na rhywbeth (:racehorse: !) wedi codi ei phen ? :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know! :unamused:
Bydda i’n trio symud ngwaith i wythnos hyn i Ddydd Gwener - croesu bysedd pawb eto plîs!

1 Like

Wedi croesi yn dyn! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Useful(?) words from Monday.
tegeirian - orchid
pwll graean - gravel pit
pridd - soil
I’m sure there were others, but I have forgotten them already.
Sue

3 Likes

Who knows how many more useful words might crop up tonight or tomorrow? Joins us and find out!:slight_smile:

More meetups this week and, following the usual pattern, they’ll be on:

• Mon 9th from 11:00am in the Bap Cafe, Abingdon Rd

• Wed 11th from 8:30pm in the Big Society, Cowley Rd (check with @s-coates1 for more info)

• Thurs 12th from 12:00 in the Royal Blenheim, St Ebbes/Pembroke St

Hope you can make it to at least one of these :slight_smile:
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

Sorry, I was planning to come today, but I’m not going to make it.
Sue

1 Like

Not there today - sorry. Waiting for parcels! And panicking about Dot’s op too!
Cewch paned ar ngyfer i plîs!
I’m going to need Skype at this rate…

OK, diolch @Betterlatethan - next time, gobeithio! :slight_smile:

All will be well, I’m sure @cat-1 :slight_smile: - and the JR is one of the best in the country (don’t forget, though, to check the current roadworks situation on the approach to the JR)

… or Slack? :slight_smile:

It is. Although we’re going to the Horton!
Plusses - same surgeon as JR, much shorter waiting list, less chance of getting bumped for an emergency, and no roadworks!
Minuses - still panicking.
Dot thinks it will be an even better day than when she broke her leg (and she is incapable of sarcasm). :joy::joy::joy::fearful:

Had forgotten about that…

1 Like

From what you’ve told me about Dot, seems every chance that it will be for her!:slight_smile:

1 Like

Helo pawb - next week there’ll be meetups as usual on Monday & Wednesday

• Mon 16th from 11:00am in the Bap Cafe, Abingdon Rd
  • Wed 18th from 8:30pm in the Big Society, Cowley Rd (check with @s-coates1 for more info)

… BUT we might be having a walk+sgwrs on Thursday instead of the usual pub-based meetup, so “watch this space”!:slight_smile: (confirmation one way or the other in a few days time)
Hwyl, John

1 Like

I’m hoping to make it on Monday.

Yn anffodus, dw i’n mynd ar y bws sydd yn mynd yn lle y trên ddydd Iau. I am going on the rail replacement bus on Thursday. Google suggests “bws amnewid rheilffordd” which seems plausible. I might otherwise have been interested in a walk if it was in an easily-accessible place. I shall miss my normal Saturday walk as I shall be returning on a “bws amnewid rheilffordd”. It’s quite exciting having all these extra buses coming through, though I miss the trains.

I am thinking of getting a permit to walk in Bagley Wood. Has anyone been there?

Sue

1 Like

Just to confirm that there’ll be a walk+sgwrs on Thursday, 19th July, in place of the usual pub meetup. Check out the Oxford Walks thread if you think you might like to join us

1 Like

No, I’ve never been to Bagley Wood - must admit I didn’t even know it was possible to get a permit to visit, so it’s useful to know about that. It makes me wonder if, as well as Bagley and Wytham Woods, there are other choice bits of Oxfordshire greenery for which it’s possible to get a permit to visit?

1 Like