Oxford Welsh learners group

Sorry to have been a bit rubbish over the summer (read: a parent of small children) but, unusually, I am able/planning to make the pub this Wednesday. Paging @s-coates1 in particular - are folks likely to be around this week, or away on their hols?

1 Like

Hi Richard - weā€™re taking a break until September now with people being on holiday and such. Iā€™ll post again when weā€™ve decided when the next one is :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Hi @RichardBuck - Iā€™m around this week but canā€™t make Wednesday unfortunately.
Double dog-sitting at the moment (:confused:!) through to the end of next week, but other than this Wed or next should be able to make a weekday afternoon/evening meetup or weekend late morning/afternoon/evening if that might be on the cards for anyone

Next weekā€™s bank holiday probably means Mondayā€™s not a good choice for a meetup, so Iā€™m suggesting either 2.15pm on Tuesday 28th or Thursday 30th, or both - we could perhaps have one in the Bap Cafe and the other in the Royal Blenheim. Let me know if you think you could make one of these slots.
Hwyl, John

Looks now as if I can only make Thurs 30th. Is anyone up for a 2.15pm (or later) Royal Blenheim meetup then?
(Bank holiday Monday or this weekend are other possibilities but Iā€™m guessing most people will be off doing other things :smile:)

A quick reminder that we have a meetup tomorrow, Thurs 30th, at 2:15pm (note change from usual time) in the Royal Blenheim, St Ebbeā€™s/Pembroke St. Let me know if youā€™re planning on coming along.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

With the start of the autumn/ Michaelmas (Gwlhengel) term, itā€™s back to the usual schedule next week:

• Monday, 3 Sep, from 11am in Welsh Mikeā€™s Bap Cafe, Abingdon Rd (over Folly Bridge, just past the White House pub)

• Thursday, 6 Sep, in The Royal Blenheim, St Ebbeā€™s/Pembroke St from 12 noon.

I wonā€™t be able to make Thursday :disappointed:, but with luck Iā€™ll be there on Monday :slight_smile: .
If you can make either day, do please post a message so that others will know to expect you! :slight_smile:

Hwyl, John

1 Like

Just to say Clive has emailed that heā€™s planning to come on both Monday and Thursday

I am hoping to be there on Monday. Itā€™s the last Monday when I donā€™t have to hurry away. I canā€™t be there on Thursday or either day next week what with gas man, dentist etc.

Just got back from Abertawe. I didnā€™t manage to speak Cymraeg, but I did have laverbread for breakfast. :yum:
Sue

1 Like

A quick reminder about tomorrowā€™s (Mon 3 Sep) 11am meetup in the Bap Cafe - hope to see you there :slight_smile:
Hwyl, John

Just to confirm that (unless anyone wants to suggest changes :slight_smile:) our meetups for the rest of the month will follow the same pattern:

• Mondays from 11am in the Bap Cafe

:

• Thursdays from 12 noon in The Royal Blenheim, St Ebbeā€™s/Pembroke St

I wonā€™t be able to get to any meetups until the last week in September, so each time do please let people know beforehand via this thread whether or not youā€™re planning to be there. :slight_smile: (Hopefully thatā€™ll avoid people turning up and finding nobody else there :angry:, or deciding not to go because they believe no-one else will be there :confused: )

1 Like

Bydda i yno yfory, dw iā€™n edrych ymlaen at gwrdd Ć¢ Clive a phwy bynnag arall bydd 'na.

Iā€™ll be there tomorrow, looking forward to meeting Clive and whoever elseā€™ll be there

Rachael

2 Likes

Shwmae @rachaelseculer-faber!
I wonā€™t be there tomorrow Iā€™m afraid, but Iā€™m very much looking forward to meeting you and getting back to some clecs with the others too. Just let me get over this back-to-school mountain and Iā€™ll be back!
Anyone planning to meet up next week?
:cat2:

1 Like

PS If for any reason you find you canā€™t post a message to this thread, you can instead contact me at this email address percolin2000-cymraeg@yahoo.co.uk and Iā€™ll post a message for you :slight_smile:

Looking at what my timetable is likely to be for the year, I suspect that occasionally popping along to the Thursday at the Blenheim after finishing teaching for the week will work quite well ā€“ Iā€™ll continue to be unable to make Mondays, but at least I wonā€™t be trying to speak to you all in Greek!

1 Like

I waited for half an hour but no-one showed. Sadly the Royal Blenheim are having gas/electricity + vegan chef problems again, so dim ribs llysieuol i fi chwaith!

Hi Rachael,
Iā€™m sorry to hear that. As I said above, I canā€™t make it next week either, but I hope that someone else will. Iā€™m not sure that I believe in these ribs llysieuol.
Sue

Iā€™m hoping to make it next week, but Iā€™ll confirm nearer the time to be sure.

Hi Rachael - very sorry about that - I havenā€™t heard any more from Clive, so I donā€™t know if he was late or never turned upā€¦

ā€¦ a bechod am y ribs - tro nesa gobeithio!
Hwyl, John

Turns out that last Monday Clive did mention he couldnā€™t make it on Thursday but I failed to pick up on it - maeā€™n wirioneddol drwg gen i @rachaelseculer-faber
On Monday, though, Clive says he will be there at the Bap Cafe (likely heā€™ll be a bit late) - is anyone else planning to go along?