Oxford Welsh learners group

Diolch John! And, I guess, llongyfarchiardau i fi/congratulations to me on being the 1000th messager?! Wonder how fluent we’ll all be by the time we hit 2000 …

1 Like

Completely fluent, but still learning, I hope!

1 Like

Fantastic to see and chat with @johnwilliams_6 and @RichardBuck this afternoon! Diolch yn fawr the pair of you for helping me see that my Welsh is happy to be dusted off and put back into service again!

4 Likes

Great to see you too @rebecca and to find out that your Welsh had only the lightest of layers of dust! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

You are too kind! :smiley:

2 Likes

A date for the diary, courtesy Cymdeithas Dafydd ap Gwilym:

• Welsh carol service, Jesus College Chapel from 4pm on Monday 26 November

All welcome! (last year Clive, Helen, Richard & plantos joined me there)

A quick confirmation of this week’s meetups:

• Monday, 15 Oct, from 11am in Welsh Mike’s Bap Cafe, Abingdon Rd (over Folly Bridge, just past the White House pub)
  • Thursday, 19 Oct, in The Royal Blenheim, St Ebbe’s/Pembroke St from 12 noon.

@s-coates1 @Laura_P_87 are the Wednesday evening meetups in Cowley Rd now up and running again?

1 Like

Yes they are! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Diolch @s-coates1 ! - and that’s 8pm in Big Society, right?

I don’t think that I can make it on Monday. Sorry.
Sue

I’m going to aim for Thursday this week. It’s been a while since I’ve been to the pub!
See you there! :fries:

3 Likes

I read that as ‘It’s been a while since I’ve been to a pub’ and I thought, what’s she talking about? She’s almost always in a pub when I see her (disclaimer: possibly operating from a statistically non-significant dataset).

3 Likes

You are not wrong.
I’ll rewrite that - It’s been a short while since I’ve been to a pub…

3 Likes

I’ll come along with the CDs tomorrow, @johnwilliams_6 and @Betterlatethan :slight_smile:

(I’m proud of myself for having worked out how to ‘@’ people!)

2 Likes

Diolch @rachaelseculer-faber - and I’ll try and remember to bring the Popeth Yn Gymraeg DVD for you

Diolch, @rachaelseculer-faber. I am still trying to retrieve “Y Gwyll” from my son. He keeps forgetting. It’s extremely unlikely that I will have it by tomorrow, but I have hopes for next week.
Sue

At 8.30 on Wednesdays for meetings in Cymdeithas Mawr/Big Society!

1 Like

Diolch @Laura_P_87 - a double meetup reminder, pawb, then:

• 8.30pm tonight (Wed) in Big Society, Cowley Road
  • 12:00 tomorrow (Thurs) in the Royal Blenheim, St Ebbes/Pembroke St

Hope you can make it to one or the other (or both :slight_smile:)
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Expecting to make tomorrow, and to make Wednesday evening next week in lieu of any daytime ones.

1 Like

Not able to come today - I have a surprise visitor. She obviously needs to learn Welsh for next time!