Oxford Welsh learners group

Diolch @rebecca - pob lwc efo’r ‘slog’ -
tan wythnos nesa, felly

1 Like

Following up Clive’s suggestion of a SSiW Oxford Christmas Lunch, I’ve prepared this Doodle poll: SSiW Rhydychen Cinio Nadolig If you you think you might be interested just indicate the dates which might work for you (sorry - I haven’t inidicated the dates myself yet :slightly_frowning_face: but I am interested) The time in the poll at the moment is purely notional - it’s just to get an idea of dates which might work for people.
Hwyl, John
PS All suggestions for places to eat etc welcome! :slightly_smiling_face:
PPS Partners or plantos welcome too if you wish :slightly_smiling_face:
PPPS Link now corrected :smile: (hopefully…:worried:)

2 Likes

I can’t get the linky thingy to work! Help! :flushed:

Fi chwaith - I think @johnwilliams_6 has presumably made a small mistake with it.

1 Like

Sorry - not sure what’s going on there :confused: - hopefully this link should work: https://doodle.com/poll/n8anb6z353tn2df7?utm_campaign=poll_created&utm_medium=email&utm_source=poll_transactional&utm_content=inviteparticipants-cta#email
:with-a-sort-of-hopeful-face-emoji: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

After last week’s carol service, it’s back to the usual pattern for our meetups this week

• Monday, 3 Dec , from 11am in Cafe Bap, Abingdon Rd
  • Wednesday 5 Dec from 8.30pm - check with @s-coates1 for location
  • Thursday, 6 Dec , in The Royal Blenheim, St Ebbe’s/Pembroke St from 12 noon

Hope you can make it, but do please say if you’re thinking of coming along to any of these
Hwyl, John

1 Like

… and re the Doodle poll for the SSiW Oxford Christmas Lunch, the link to the Doodle poll seems to be working now - diolch @cat-1 @Betterlatethan - so if you’re interested do please indicate which day(s) might be good for you @RichardBuck? @rebecca? @Laura_P_87? @s-coates1?@rachaelseculer-faber @mikeellwood and anyone else who might be interested

1 Like

Sorry, I can’t make it this coming week. Not sure about next week.
Sue

OK - diolch Sue!

For the Christmas Lunch looks as if Friday 14 Dec or Tuesday 18 Dec are preferred dates, being good for @Betterlatethan @cat-1 RIchard W, Clive and me, with Wednesday 19 Dec as an alternative if needs be (if interested, do any of those dates work for you @RichardBuck @rebecca @Laura_P_87 @s-coates1 @rachaelseculer-faber @mikeellwood ?)
Any favourites or suggestions pawb for where we might go?
Also does 12:00 suit or would a later start work better for people?
Hwyl, John

1 Like

12 is better for me as the school run beckons at three. :roll_eyes:

1 Like

Yes, 12:00 is good.
Sue

1 Like

Hi! Sorry to be late to this … Tuesday 18th would work for me but not the other dates :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Diolch pawb - so it’ll be 12:00 Tuesday 18th for the cinio Nadolig :christmas_tree:- maybe we can siarad am what type of food and where at the meetup today? :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks for organising- I might be able to make time to come along - let me know and and if you need a definite for booking etc.

1 Like

Now that we have a date for cinio Nadolig, for those still in Oxford over the holidays, how about arranging a walk out in the fresh air (:partly_sunny: :cloud_with_snow: :wind_face:) after Xmas (plantos/partners, welcome of course)? :slightly_smiling_face:
For those interested, here’s another Doodle poll to select a suitable date: https://doodle.com/poll/6k4ncer4nef7qiv2
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Two suggestions so far for places to go - the first, Ox Brookes Catering School Training Restaurant, turns out to be fully booked until the New Year :disappointed: . The second suggestion comes from Welsh Mike who’s offered Cafe Bap as a venue:

• As an option, Cafe Bap would love to host. We can source a menu especially if we know numbers and what people will want. We’ll guarantee all of you a table and cerddoriaeth cymraeg!

I’m checking with him though whether he could fit us all in - we have eight so far which could be a tight squeeze! :worried: Also would having it at Cafe Bap in Abingdon Rd (about 200/300 yds the other side of Folly Bridge) make it awkward for people to get there and back in time to do whatever needs doing in the afternoon?

Other suggestions for places to eat still welcome!
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

Whilst it might be a tight squeeze, I think it would be really nice to go there - how special would a Christmas lunch be when you get served in Welsh too?
I wonder what kind of food he has in mind…
:poultry_leg::poultry_leg::poultry_leg:

3 Likes

Yes, it’s certainly a nice idea - let’s see if Mike thinks he can shoehorn us all in! :family_man_woman_girl_boy::family_man_woman_girl_boy::family_man_woman_girl_boy:.

2 Likes

Helo @RichardBuck @rebecca @Laura_P_87 (and anyone else who’ve not yet been to Cafe Bap and are planning to, or would like to join us, for cinio Nadolig on Tues 18th), re Welsh Mike’s offer to host us at Cafe Bap (see earlier post), its location is on this map marked as Deli Cafe. Still waiting to hear from Mike if he can fit the eight of us, but as it’s out of the city centre, I just wanted to check with you that you’d have enough time to get there and back to whatever you need to do in the afternoon…

1 Like