Oxford Welsh learners group

Just received this e-bost from from Mike:

• Yes we could fit in that many. You could park in the pub. We could close the business for 2 hours to accommodate you. Like I say, no pressure but it may work for all! Hwyl, Mike

So looks as if we have a venue if everyone can get there and back to work etc in time - waiting to hear from @RichardBuck @rebecca @Laura_P_87 about this - the pub by the way is on the corner across the road from Cafe Bap

1 Like

Sorry, I thought Iā€™d said a definite Yes in the pub - Yes, my Tuesday morning class will have finished by then, and I donā€™t have to rush off, either. Iā€™ll be there!

Diolch @RichardBuck !

Canā€™t wait! :mrs_claus:

Has Mike said what sort of food he can provide? And does he want us to order in advance?
Sue

Not yet (Iā€™ll ask) but, yes, Iā€™d think he might want our orders in advance

Helo pawb - while Mike is coming up with some menu ideas for the 18th, does anyone have specific preferences(:fries:?) / dislikes (:broccoli:?) or allergies (:cold_sweat:?) that youā€™d like me to tell him about? I know thereā€™ll need to be a vegetarian option/options :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

No allergies, and strong dislikes only of certain things like some offal that are unlikely to be relevant, but definite preference for free-range/higher welfare animal products (& happy re paying appropriately for same) if at all possible.

1 Like

No allergies. Not keen on boiled cabbage.
Sue

1 Like

:open_mouth: Why on earth not??? :wink:
My only request is to not be fed fish please! :nauseated_face::fish::nauseated_face:

1 Like

A quick bump for a post-Nadolig/post-New Year blast of fresh air anyone?

I just donā€™t eat beef at the moment and will possibly opt for a vegetarian option. My usual preference is not for anything too spicy but donā€™t imagine that will be an issue!

1 Like

I have put in two Fridays and a Saturday, rather nervously. How far, how fast, starting from where? Hips and knees are not what they once were. Starting from central Oxford is OK. Remote locations would be difficult. On the Thursdays I shall be on short ā€œstrollsā€ of 3.5 miles with the Ramblers, weather permitting.
Sue

1 Like

Diolch Laura :slightly_smiling_face:

Diolch Sue - really, it all depends who can make it - in the past itā€™s been about 5 miles and not very fast - if plantos are involved might be shorter and slower!:slightly_smiling_face: The startā€™s likely to be from somewhere accessible by public transport, e.g. in the past weā€™ve started out from Oxford Station on several occasions. Once weā€™ve got an idea of who might be interested we can tailor the route accordingly
Hwyl John

Hereā€™s what Mike has come up with (@RichardBuck Iā€™ll check wit him about the source of the chicken & bacon):

• Crackers (translate the joke before you tell it)

I ddechrau:

• Seasonal veggie soup with sour dough toast
    Neu
  • Goatā€™s cheese, cherry tomato and Dijon mustard quiche

Prif Cwrs:

• chicken breasts wrapped in bacon served with French mustard sauce
    neu
  • nut roast with French mustard sauce
  • Hefo roast potatoes, sprouts, sage and onion stuffing, roast pumpkin cranberry sauce.

Pwdin:

• Vegan cake of choice
    Neu
  • Caws a biscedi

Te a choffi - You can bring your own booze for corkage too if youā€™d like.

Ā£22 per person

ā€¦ and before I forget :slightly_frowning_face:, here are this weekā€™s meetups

• Monday, 10 Dec from 11am in Cafe Bap, Abingdon Rd
  • Wednesday 12 Dec from 8.30pm in The Big Society, Cowley Rd (check with @s-coates1)
  • Thursday, 13 Dec in The Royal Blenheim, St Ebbeā€™s/Pembroke St from 12 noon

I wonā€™t be able to make it on Thursday, so do let people know if youā€™re planning to be there
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Soup chicken cake please!

1 Like

I canā€™t make it on Thursday, but look forward to seeing as many as possible on Tuesday 18th.
Sue

Do say, pawb, if youā€™re planning on being there - so far only @rebecca has said sheā€™s hoping to be there - @cat-1? @RichardBuck?

1 Like