Oxford Welsh learners group

Helo @jane-18 and Richard,
Are you planning to be at Cafe Bap at 11:00 On Monday 18th? I could be there, though I have to leave promptly at 12:00 to catch a bus. It would be good to meet you.
Sue

1 Like

Hi John

I’m afraid it’s 1pm already and I’m still in work, so I don’t think I’m going to make today after all. I hope you enjoy your various goings-on next week, and we’ll see you after that.

Hwyl, Richard

Ok, diolch Richard
Hwyl am y tro,
John

An early reminder about next week’s meetups and that 

• Monday, 18 March from 11am in CafĂ© Bap , Abingdon Rd

• Wednesday 20 March 8.30pm in James Street Tavern , James St., East Oxford (but there may be a change afoot so do check with @s-coates1)

• Thursday, 21 March in The Royal Blenheim , St Ebbe’s/Pembroke St from 12 noon

Also for next month’s walk how does Sat 13th or Sun 14th April sound? (and thanks to Clive, Ros and Alan Iwe for an enjoyable walk to Wytham Wood last weekend)

1 Like

Hello Sue, sorry for the delay. Yes, we’d love to meet you! We’ll be there at 11am on Monday. Jane

1 Like

Interesting - ddiddorol! Diolch John!

1 Like

That’s great, @jane-18. See you on Monday.
Sue

A quick reminder about tomorrow’s meetup and that 

johnwilliams_6:

next week I can’t make any meetups, so do let people know if you’re going and do a forum check to ensure it won’t be just you! :slightly_smiling_face:

• Thursday, 21 March in The Royal Blenheim , St Ebbe’s/Pembroke St from 12 noon
1 Like

I’m intending to go tomorrow, but as usual I will probably be rather late by the time I finish at work. Is anyone else expecting to be there?

1 Like

Sorry, not me. I shall be at the dentist.
Sue

Helo pawb - it’ll be the usual pattern again for this week’s meetups - as always, all welcome :slightly_smiling_face::

• Monday, 25 March from 11am in CafĂ© Bap , Abingdon Rd
  • Wednesday 27 March 8.30pm in James Street Tavern , James St., East Oxford (@s-coates1 @Laura_P_87 is this still the right day and venue?)
  • Thursday, 28 March in The Royal Blenheim , St Ebbe’s/Pembroke St from 12 noon

Hope you can make it to one (or more :slightly_smiling_face:) of these - I’m planning to be there on Monday and Thursday.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

A quick reminder about the meetups today and tomorrow 

1 Like

I hope to be at The Royal Blenheim tomorrow.
Sue

1 Like

It’ll be the same pattern for next week’s meetups

• Monday, 1 April from 11am in CafĂ© Bap , Abingdon Rd
  • Wednesday 3 April 8.30pm in James Street Tavern , James St., East Oxford (but best to check first with @s-coates1 on this one)
  • Thursday, 4 April in The Royal Blenheim , St Ebbe’s/Pembroke St from 12 noon

As last week though, I won’t be able to make any meetups next week, so do let people know if you’re going and do a forum check to ensure it won’t be just you! :slightly_smiling_face:

And last but not least, thanks @Betterlatethan @cat-1 @bethan-williams-1 and Clive for today’s enjoyable meetup in the RB
Hwyl, John

3 Likes

And just received, an email from Prof Bob Evans with an invitation to his garden party:

Annwyl Bawb/Dear All, Gan fod y gwanwyn wedi cyrraedd, nodyn i roi gwybod y bydd ein parti gardd Cymraeg a Chymreig eleni dipyn yn hwyrach nag arfer: ar ddydd Sadwrn 8 Mehefin, o 12 o’r gloch ymlaen . Dyma’r unig ddydd Sadwrn yn y tymor sydd yn gyfleus i ni, fel mae’n digwydd! Ymddiheuriadau mawr i unrhyw un sy ddim yn rhydd ar y diwrnod yna. Anfonaf fanylion pellach yn nes at y dyddiad.

Welsh party this year on Sat 8 June, from 12 o’clock onward s. Pl put in diary! Further details to follow

Clive, @RichardBuck and I went last year, and the invitation is open to everyone in the SSiW Oxford group, and they welcome plantos by the way: We like children - our dog especially does. We have toys and games here, or they can bring their own. It’ll be good to welcome them to the party/Bydd yn wych croesawu plant i’r parti.

They live in Sunningwell, by the way, close by Abingdon - there isn’t a bus service unfortunately, but a lift can probably be arranged if needed :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

I plan to be at Cafe Bap on Monday 1 April, as long as someone else will be there. I can’t be at Royal Blenheim on Thursday 4 April.
It was great to have 5 of us there today.
Sue

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your enjoyable company this week at cafe Bap on Monday and RB on Thursday. You are a great group. I plan to go again to Cafe Bap on Monday April 1st. Diolch yn fawr, Bethan.:blush:

2 Likes

Hello is anyone planning to meet at Royal Blenheim tomorrow? I would be free to go there from 12.30 onwards, however don’t want to be there on my own! Hwyl Bethan.

1 Like

Helo @bethan-williams-1
I really enjoyed chatting with you, @jane-18 and Richard.
Sorry, I have to be elsewhere on Thurs 4th, Mon 8th and Thurs 11th. I am planning to be at Cafe Bap on Mon 15th.
I hope that someone can make it tomorrow. I once sat there for half an hour on my own, then left, feeling a bit daft. Take a good (Welsh) book?
Following on from our conversation on Monday, I found this - read by a volunteer.
https://librivox.org/wild-wales-by-george-borrow/
Sue

1 Like

Hello Sue, Thank you, I enjoyed our 'scwrs 'very much on Monday too! Good advice and Thank you for the link - that’s interesting! Unfortunately I won’t be able to make Cafe Bap on Monday 15th April. However I look forward to chatting with you again after Easter. Diolch yn fawr, Bethan

1 Like