Oxford Welsh learners group

We’ll be back from France in time - the plantos are off to grandparents, but I’ll be there :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry I won’t be able to make it to the King’s Arms tomorrow as planned as I have a viral infection/ stomach upset. I will be away on Friday ( if I have recovered! ) Looking forward to meeting you all next week, and also to the boat trip. Hwyl Bethan

That’s a shame, @bethan-williams-1. Get well soon. See you next week.
Hope to see you, @claireesau?
Sue

1 Like

@Betterlatethan Yes I plan to be there - see you tomorrow!

2 Likes

Hi @claireesau
We were talking about books for children. Here is a site where you can listen to quite a lot of books for young children being read aloud. You can download them too.

Sue

Hi - my plans have changed, trip to Shrewsbury postponed, so I will be able to make it to Cafe Bap tomorrow! Hwyl Bethan

2 Likes

@Betterlatethan thank you! That looks like a good resource, I’ll take a look tomorrow. Sorry for the late notice but unfortunately I won’t be able to make Cafe Bap, hopefully see you next Wednesday

1 Like

I have to wait in for a parcel but I’m still hoping to be able to make my usual late appearance today.

1 Like

Helo pawb - don’t forget that we have a new pattern of meetups starting this week with Cafe Bap now on Wednesdays and the King’s Arms on Friday at the new time of 12:00

• Wednesday morning, 14 Aug from 10:30am in Café Bap, Abingdon Rd
  • Wednesday evening 14 Aug 8.30pm in James Street Tavern , James St., East Oxford (check first with @s-coates1)
  • Friday morning, 16 Aug from 12:00 in the King’s Arms, Holywell Street

Hwyl, John

1 Like

PS Don’t forget also the boat trip on Sun 18th from Folly Bridge to Abingdon and back, leaving at 2:15pm - partners and families welcome :slightly_smiling_face:

Helo @bethan-williams-1 @RichardBuck @claireesau @heather-9 and anyone else thinking of joining us for the Sunday boat trip, some of us be will meeting up around 1.45pm outside the Head of the River pub (other side of Folly Bridge from the Salters landing stage), otherwise see you by the boat for 2.15pm (@Betterlatethan is planning to join us at Abingdon, by the way)
So far the weather forecast is looking quite promising: sunshine from the BBC or sunshine and light showers from the Met Office :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John
PS Don’t forget that tomorrow’s meetup (Wed) will be at Cafe Bap

1 Like

I won’t be able to make cafe Bap tomorrow as I previously planned. However will be at Kings Arms on Friday and am very much looking forward to meeting at 1.45 on Sunday for boat trip Hwyl Bethan

1 Like

I’m sorry if I gave that impression. It wasn’t quite what I meant to say but I got a bit tangled. I plan to join you in Oxford in time to catch the boat, though I may not make it to the Head of the River beforehand. I shall probably leave the boat at Abingdon because I can get home easily from there.
Sue

2 Likes

That was probably just me managing to confuse myself, Sue :roll_eyes:

Not sure if we can make the pub meet yet but will be at the boat trip. Hwyl Heather

1 Like

Sorry pawb - I seem to have gone down with some sort of virus so I won’t be able to make it to Cafe Bap today - hoping to be back in circulation in time for Friday’s Kings Arms meetup
Hwyl, John

1 Like

Quiet today then, I’m also giving it a miss! Sorry for the short notice. On my own I’d happily power over but I don’t fancy battling the pram in this rain.

1 Like

Brysia wella! @johnwilliams_6
I was there and had a short chat yn Gymraeg with Mike about the joys of camping in the rain and wind. I spoke to a couple of Australians who were visiting Oxford for one day - and chose today. They were curious to know what language Mike and I had been speaking.

Then I went to Salters to book 35 places on the Monday boat to Wallingford for our retirement group. I mentioned that there would be quite a few people coming on the afternoon boat to Abingdon on Sunday and he confirmed that it was a big boat with plenty of spaces available. Two river trips on two consecutive days. Lucky me!
Sue

2 Likes

Quick reminder that tomorrow’s meetup will be at the new time of 12:00 and in the King’s Arms

A bit over-optimistic there - I don’t think I’m going to make ti tomorrow after all … :disappointed:

Oh dear. I do hope that you will be better in time for the river trip.
Sue

2 Likes