Oxford Welsh learners group

Sorry, I won’t be able to make it to tonght’s meetup after all - I’ve been hit ny a stomachbug

Sorry to hear that, John - brysia wella!

Diolch Aran! … And time for a reminder about the next meetup tomorrow, Tues 1st Dec - usual place, usual time. Fingers crossed I’ll actually make it this time!

1 Like

Dydd Mawrth yr 8fed mis Rhagfyr - another meetup this evening downstairs in the Jericho Cafe from 5.30pm - welwn ni chi yno, gobeithio

1 Like

Blwyddyn Newydd Dda i bawb! First Oxford meetup of 2016 will be this Tuesday, 5th Jan, as usual, downstairs at the Jericho Cafe in Walton St. (opp Phoenix Cinema) - see you there! Hwyl fawr, John

1 Like

Hello John,
I would like to join the Oxford Learners group and have just realised there is a meeting tonight in Jericho ( I am only in Summertown) and would have loved to have come along this evening. How long are the meetings , when is the next one and where? I am keen to become a fluent speaker .

I have a Barn conversion which I rent out as a holiday let and would like to offer the Barn at a 5% discounted rate for members of the Oxford Learners Group as a contribution to encourage visitors to Wales . Here is my website : www.plasuchafruralretreat.com I have just received a 5 star rating from the Wales Tourist Board for 2016.

1 Like

Hi sandra, and welcome, i’m sure john W will get back to you as soon as he see’s your comment.
and hope to meet with you soon.
Cheers J.P.

Hi J.P.
Thanks!
S

Hi Sandra
You’re very welcome to join the group (and indeed the same goes for anyone else who’d like to come along) - our next meeting will be next Tuesday, 12th Jan, as usual from 5.30pm downstairs in the Jericho Cafe in Walton St. We try and meet there every Tuesday and stay usually at least until 7 and maybe as late as 8 - we’re only a small group and it depends really on who’s there and what people are doing that evening. Hope you’ll be able to make it to next Tuesday’s meetup
Hwyl, John

Sorry I couldn’t make it tonight but hope to be there next week. @johnwilliams_6 @ramblingjohn @carungo @sandralanewillis @carolynh we also need to agree a date for the next walk don’t we? What about Saturday 16th January?

Diolch, Pippa. Yes, Sat 16th Jan for the next walk would be good for me as well

I’m wondering if some new people may wish to come, or some don’t want to walk to far, maybe a search of Oxford parks would be fun, (or the museum if wet), or cafe’s, or any other suggestions.

Cheers J.P.

Hi Pippa, @carolynh doesn’t access the forum that often so I sent her a text re Sat 16th - unfortunately she can’t make it though. I’ll post a note about the 16th on the Oxford additional meetups thread as well in case there are others who might be interested. Did you have any thoughts, by the way, about where we might go this time?

A quick reminder that the Rhydychen/Oxford group will have it’s second meetup of the year next Tuesday 12th Jan, as usual from 5.30pm downstairs in the Jericho Cafe.

Also, for anyone who might be interested there’ll be another walk+sgwrs next Saturday 16th Jan - further details will be posted later on the Oxford SSiW - additional meetups? thread. As always newcomers from Oxford and visitors from elsewhere welcome.

2 Likes

Just to confirm there’ll be another of the Oxford group’s weekly meetups in the Jericho Cafe from 5:30pm tomorrow, Tues 19th Jan.
Hwyl, John

2 Likes

In case anyone’s wondering, yes, we have another Oxford group meetup this Tuesday, 26th Jan, as usual from 5:30 in the Jericho Cafe - do come along if you can make it.
Hwyl, John

1 Like

A reminder that the first Oxford meetup in mis Chwefror is scheduled from 5.30pm tomorrow, Tues 2nd Feb - as usual downstairs at the Jericho Cafe, Walton St. As usual also, newcomers always welcome, but best to let us know beforehand if you can so we can keep a look out for you.

And a bump for the walk+sgwrs on Sat 6th Feb - see Oxford SSiW - additional meetups? thread for details

2 Likes

Just to say that as we’re going to be very thin on the ground this week it seems best to postpone our next meetup until Tuesday the following week, i.e. 23 Feb.

Hi John,

A google search directed me to this conversation. I have recently moved to Oxford from Wales and the switch seems to have given me a fresh desire to learn Welsh (something that I sadly neglected to do whilst at home).

I would very much like to attend your weekly get togethers, although I am concerned that my lack of Welsh may be an issue, even just for the chance to meet some new people here in Oxford. Would it be possible for me to join you one week?

Best wishes,

Lloyd

I’m sure JW will get back to you as soon as he sees your post and there will be no problem with you joining in.
Level of Welsh, not important, we are all trying to go forward.
Might see you on one of our welsh rambles.

Cheers J.P.

1 Like