Oxford Welsh learners group

Yes, of course - the more the merrier! :slightly_smiling_face:

Diolch @ChristopherSchenk @john-28 @chris-roberts & Clive for the sgwrs in Cafe Bap yesterday :slight_smile:

While Iā€™m at it, a quick reminder about our midday RB meetup tomorrow and also about the Cinio Nadolig, Doodle poll (although I know some of you first need to sort out other stuff in December :slightly_smiling_face:)

Also, if you havenā€™t already do let me know if youā€™re thinking of possibly joining the walk on Sat 9th Nov

Hwyl, John

2 Likes

PS At the moment Thu 19th Dec & Fri 13th Dec (day after election, so an opportunity to drown your sorrows/celebrate as the case maybe :slightly_smiling_face:) are the most popular dates, but this may change. If you canā€™t say yet which dates work for you but can let me know which dates you definitely wonā€™t be able to make, thatā€™ll help a lot :slightly_smiling_face:

I might make it to Royal Blenheim after all. Daughter leaving early so I should be free.
Sue

1 Like

Sorry Iā€™ve been a bit busy/lackadaisical/absent lately ā€“ back to semi-regular Fridays as of next week :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello @johnwilliams_6 / everyone. Given that my December work rota is still showing no signs of appearing I think you should probably go ahead and choose a date without me and Iā€™ll join you if I can and if thereā€™s still room for me by then. I definitely canā€™t do the 1st, 9th, 10th, or 11th. Iā€™m definitely free on the 12th.

1 Like

Diolch, @chris-roberts :slightly_smiling_face:

Good news! I just heard from Mike that, depending om the date and numbers, theyā€™d be able to host us again at Cafe Bap for Cinio Nadolig this year :slightly_smiling_face:
Numbers might be a problem though as they only just managed to squeeze in eleven of us last year, and this year weā€™re up to twelve already whoā€™ve said they want to come plus a possible couple extra who came last year but havenā€™t got back to me yet ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve just bunged in the most likely dates for me in Dec but I can see that the 13th is good for everybody! I can try and arrange school pick up help if this is the one everyone else can come to. I know I canā€™t do 19th because school breaks up at 1.30

Diolch Cat - yes, itā€™s looking as if the 13th may be the date - Chris canā€™t confirm though until his rotaā€™s been confirmed and Rebecca wants to join us but hasnā€™t ā€˜Doodledā€™ yet ā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ll make sure to organise something for the 13th then - I bet Mike will knock a wall through so we can all fit in :smile::smile:

1 Like

Cinio Nadolig :santa: - Just heard from Rebecca that she can make the 13th - does 13th Dec work for you @claireesau? If so, and if @chris-robertsā€™ forthcoming rota permits, weā€™ve got a date that works for everyone! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Cinio Nadolig :santa: - Wel, dydd Gwener 13eg Rhagfyr /Fri 13th December is now the ā€˜officialā€™ date, :grinning:

Cafe Bap is keen to organise this for us again, but Iā€™m waiting to hear from Welsh Mike if they can do it on that date (if not weā€™d need to make alternative arrangements). For those who werenā€™t at last yearā€™s meal, they closed Cafe Bap for couple of hours and managed to fit in eleven of us (coincidentally, the same number as this year).

Last year the meal was originally mooted for 1pm-3pm but Cafe Bap brought it forward an hour for us to 12-2pm to hopefully allow more time to collect kids from school. Cafe Bap suggested the menu beforehand which included a veg option for each course

Get in touch if you have any questions

Hwyl, John

4 Likes

@johnwilliams_6 works for me!

1 Like

Thatā€™s great! :slightly_smiling_face:

I now have my December shifts and I very conveniently have a day off on the 13th, so I can confirm that Iā€™ll be able to come to the Cinio Nadolig :slightly_smiling_face: :upside_down_face: :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

13 December at 12-2 would be great for Cinio Nadolig. I hope that Mike can have us.

Sorry, but I canā€™t make it tomorrow 6 Nov. I have a committee meeting. Iā€™m not sure about Friday 8 Nov. I have to be in Headington, but I might make it back in time.
Sue

2 Likes

I canā€™t make it tomorrow either but I should be there on Friday.

2 Likes

Sorry I canā€™t make it today, 6th November, but I hope to come next week, 13th November, and I have put Cionio Nadolig in my diary for 13th December
Christopher

1 Like

I was planning to go to Cafe Bap today just checking if anyone else will be there? Bethan

1 Like