Oxford Welsh learners group

Have a lovely time at the carol service. Sadly I am on the school run today so can’t make it. This Friday is sadly also not free for RB due to work :cry: . However I have the Friday off for Christmas Lunch and work will not get in the way of that one!! :mrs_claus: :christmas_tree:

2 Likes

That reminds me - a while ago in London I came across a cashpoint with a Cockney option:

3 Likes

Sorry about the huge pictures!

1 Like

With Friday being :santa: Cinio Nadolig: :santa: there won’t be a Royal Blenheim meetup, of course - just the one this week :slightly_smiling_face::

• Wednesday morning, 11 Dec from 10:30am in Café Bap, Abingdon Rd

Hwyl, John

1 Like

That’s hilarious! I love it when people play around with language and don’t treat it as something all grammatical and serious :clap:

1 Like

ROOM FOR ONE MORE FOR TODAY’s :santa:CINIO NADOLIG:santa:
Unfortunately one of us has had to drop out for today’s midday Xmas lunch in Cafe Bap so there’s a last minute place available - let me know as soon as you can if you’d like to take it :slightly_smiling_face:
Hwyl, John

Helo pawb - If you take a look at the winners of this year’s SSiW Eisteddfod ( https://forum.saysomethingin.com/t/congratulations-to-the-winners-for-2019/23017 ) you’ll find a familiar name

Llongyfarchiadau Ruth! Da iawn ti!

3 Likes

Diolch John. My entry inspired by Liam :blush: really enjoyed the challenge.

5 Likes

Llongyfarchiadau Ruth! Ardderchog. Also Thank you everyone for your company today. Cinio Nadolig gwych. Bethan

4 Likes

Yes, indeed! :slightly_smiling_face:
Also commiserations to @cat-1 and @rebecca who couldn’t make it in the end

2 Likes

Thanks John for organising and everyone for the lovely company. It was really good. The food was great. A day off work well spent.
:wine_glass: :santa: :plate_with_cutlery: :christmas_tree:

3 Likes

That was an excellent meal. I still feel full. Thank you to everyone for your company.
Congratulations to @ruth-connor on the Eisteddfod win.
Sue

3 Likes

Adding my thanks to John for organising and my congratulations to Ruth on winning!

I feel privileged to have been welcomed into this group of learners. You’ve really helped my motivation. Thanks to Richard for inviting me to SSiW six months ago.

Here we all are in Café Bap - the photo doesn’t do justice to the mountains of food!

6 Likes

Well done Ruth, and thanks to everyone for a great time. Thank you John for organising and thank you Caffi Bap! Oedd y cinio yn wych.

2 Likes

Wel, diolch o’r galon pawb for such a really enjoyable Cinio Nadolig! :slightly_smiling_face:

With next week the last before Christmas and school hols starting on Friday, would changing our meetup days allow more of us to make it? E.g. changing Wednesday in Cafe Bap and Friday in the RB to the Tuesday & Thursday? Let me know what you think :slightly_smiling_face:

Hwyl, John
PS Don’t forget we have a walk+sgwrs pencilled in for Sat 28th and it might also be possible to fit in a second walk before the New Year if anyone is interested

Hi John - for once I can actually make Wed and Fri next week, but Thurs is also good. Happy to fit in with whatever suits the majority.

1 Like

Hi Chris - since my earlier posting I’ve heard that maybe Cat’s will be able to make it on Wed; also I’ve realised I couldn’t make Thurs, so maybe best to stick to Wed after all, plus the usual Friday

1 Like

I can make Wed and Fri next week, but not Tues or Thurs.
Sue

1 Like

OK - let’s stick to our usual days then, so next week’s meetups will be:

• Wednesday morning, 18 Dec from 10:30am in Café Bap, Abingdon Rd
  • Friday morning, 20 Dec from 12:00 in the The Royal Blenheim, corner St Ebbes/Pembroke St

Hwyl, John

2 Likes

Thank you Owen for uploading lovely photograph. I really enjoyed our Cinio Nadolig! I’m unable to make Cafe Bap on Wednesday unfortunately however I hope to be at RB on Friday. Looking forward to seeing you all then. Hwyl Bethan

1 Like