Oxford Welsh learners group

Thanks for the chat everyone - it seemed to work well after some initial difficulties during which John and I peered at each other inquisitively a lot and John sounded like Mickey Mouse. I found speaking a bit harder and definitely came out with some pretty mangled Welsh, but I’m sure it’ll get easier in future.

2 Likes

Yes, diolch pawb for today’s sgwrs which as @chris-roberts says seemed to work quite well. What did you think @Betterlatethan @Betterlatethan @RichardBuck?

The Mickey Mouse :mouse: problem by the way seemed to be the same as the @RichardBuck’s Pink & Perky :pig::pig:problem (and mine sometimes) with Skype, and the solution seemed to be the same, i.e. exit and restart Skype/Zoom

2 Likes

Oh yes I’d forgotten the whole pinky & perky conversation!

1 Like

Yes, today was good. I hope to be there on Wednesday.
Sue

2 Likes

Just to confirm that our next virtual meetups :computer: via Zoom will be on the usual days & times :slightly_smiling_face::

• 10:30am Wednesday 1st April
  • 12:00 Friday 3rd April

I’ve PM’d everyone with details of how to connect and you’ll now need the password which is also in the PM. Do please let me know if I’ve accidentally omitted anyone from the PM :worried: Let me know too (via this thread or a PM) if you’re new to the Oxford group and I’ll send you the necessary details :slightly_smiling_face:

Cofion gorau a chadw’n iach,
John

2 Likes

A quick reminder about tomorrow’s virtual meetup :computer: :slightly_smiling_face: - and do let me know if you have any questions or didn’t see my PM (last Friday’s first impressions: Zoom’s simpler to use than Slack hangouts)

Looking forward to joining meeting this morning! I hope there won’t be any problems in our house. My son has a scheduled work zoom meeting at the same time! We are sharing the living room. Also I may have to leave suddenly as I am expecting a delivery! Bethan

1 Like

Fingers crossed, Bethan! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for the virtual meetup - it was good to see Clive as well this time. As I said to Bethan and Sue I do have a tendency to drone on and state the obvious (painfully slowly) just to make myself “say something in Welsh”. At one point I had to give up because I was even boring myself! I can’t make it on Friday, and now I look at it I’ve realised that I can’t make either meetup next week, but I should be able to reappear after Easter. Cadwch yn iach, bawb :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Diolch pawb for today’s sgwrs Zŵm :slightly_smiling_face:

Paid a phoeni @chris-roberts - you’re doing exactly the right thing. Trying to make ourselves say something is Welsh, however slowly, is what we’re about, after all (and of course, what might be obvious to you is not necessarily going to be obvious to everyone else :slightly_smiling_face:)

Cadw’n saff, bawb

2 Likes

I did an exercise class on Zoom using the laptop, and to my astonishment, they could hear me. I haven’t changed the settings since the last failure. Anyway, I shall attempt to join on Friday using the laptop. If it works, good. If it doesn’t work then I shall exit and rejoin using the desktop.

Nothing to worry about, @chris-roberts. I enjoy our conversations, and I think that you are making excellent progress. I know that I am silent too much of the time, but I’m the same in English.
Sue

3 Likes

A quick reminder about tomorrow’s Zoom virtual meetup …

Helo pawb - there’ll be two more Oxford SSiW Zoom meetups this week, still following the usual pattern of days and times

• 10:30am Wednesday 8th April
  • 12:00 Friday 10th April

The details you’ll need to join these Zoom meetups are the same as I PM’d to all of you (most of you?:worried: ) just over a week ago - do say if you have any questions! Also, please do let me know if changing to alternative days/times might work better for you )
Cadw’n iach ,
John
PS There’s been some comment in the media about Zoom security - just to say I’ve made the recommended changes to settings to address those areas of concern. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Pasc Hapus i pawb! I’m sorry I won’t be able to join you all at 12.00 today. Hope you have a good zwm ! Bethan

1 Like

Pasg hapus i ti, Bethan, ac i pawb
Cadw’n iach
John

1 Like

Helo pawb - hope you’re all keeping well :slightly_smiling_face:
The now-regular pattern of virtual meetups :computer: via Zoom continues this week (login details as before)

• 10:30am Wednesday 15th April
  • 12:00 Friday 17th April

Do get in touch if you’ve any questions :slightly_smiling_face:
Cadw’n saff, John

Hello all - my laptop camera has inexplicably disabled itself so I’m trying to persuade it to work and then I’ll hopefully be able to join you.

1 Like

Diolch i bawb am y sgwrs heddiw - dyna pam o’n i’n poeni am y blawd…

4 Likes

Y torth aeth i mewn y ffwrn bore 'ma ydy hwn - edrych yn blasus iawn (Is that the loaf that went into the overn this morning - looks tasty) :slightly_smiling_face:

Yndy, ond bydd rhaid iddi oeri cyn i ni i blasu :slight_smile: (It is, but it’ll need to cool before we taste it.)

1 Like