SSi Forum

Parti 10 party-goers... come and say hello!

Nice to meet you Glynis! I’ve just fixed the link for you. X

Thanks Catrin. I hate my picture being taken but that one wasn’t too bad!!

Hello Ali … happy that you will be at the Parti. Brilliant.

S’mae Pawb. I am Esmé. I’m an Aussie ex-pat living in Canada for the last 4 decades. I. Started the 6/6 course on the second week of its inception. Came to the Eisteddfod that same year and felt so useless with the tiny bit of Welsh I could remember in the wilds I just crawled back into my test tube!

But I crawled back out again a few months later and finished level two, and am in the process of reviewing Levels 1 and 2 simultaneously before going on to Level 3

I play a small harp, have a degree in Fine Art and my other passion is sacred circle dance and have just come from a week in Findhorn Scotland.

I’m currently writing this on the train to Bangor. Now I’m going to meet everyone else by reading your bios.

Hello, my name is Phil aka Macky and am pictured here with my youngest daughter Emma. We live in Milford Haven Pembrokeshire which falls under the landsker line. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Landsker_Line
I have completed all of the challenges on the southern version and now enjoy listening to the interviews provided by Beca. Like most learners my Welsh is disappearing at a remarkable rate as the party nears as it did just before boot camp. We will survive. I really did want to stay for the boot camp afterwards but life has got in the way.
I am a father of 6, 4 girls and 2 boys.
Emma has a twin brother and she attended ysgol glan cleddau in Haverfordwest and then ysgol Preseli in Crymych so she is my official translator for the weekend.

Hello @catrinlliarjones Me again. I seem to remember that you did a brilliant guide to Caernarfon and places to visit on the forum but I can’t find it. Can you point me in the right direction? Diolch.

I think the ones you mean might be the ones on this thread [SOLD OUT] SSiW's BIG 10th Birthday Party , particularly the first post and post number 320.

You don’t need Emma! Consider hiring her out, and recouping your expenses…

:thinking::joy::joy:

I am well over-excited now, and will be unmanageable by Friday. I have a few little badges saying, ‘Cymraeg’ or ‘Dw i’n dysgu Cymraeg’. These are on offer to the first 5 international visitors who recognise me from my avatar above and demand one… latecomers will be fobbed off with Welsh beermats.

will be unmanageable by Friday

errrm - you will behave in the car, won’t you? :worried::laughing:

Hi I’m Sam , I have been learning Welsh now for 3 years. I started with the brilliant SSIW and then last September I started cwrs uwch in Bangor. I am fairly fluent by now and am comfortable speaking Welsh in most situations even when having to attend an important meeting for example ! I do still however have a long way to go and although I have nowhere near the same natural grasp of the language as a first language speaker it would be nice to think that carrying on with the same determination I have had over the last 3 years will get me to as close to that point as possible at some point in the future. I am lucky to have made so many brilliant friends through learning Welsh and am looking forward to catching up with people I know and making new friends at the party.

So, how about: how far have you got with the course

I’m Kev. I’ve done surprisingly little of the courses, given how long I’ve been hanging around here making a nuisance of myself and having bootcamped, not having done course/level 3 properly yet. I’m on a bit of a sabbatical from Welsh for the last couple of years, as I’ve been busy with other things - and I’ll tell anyone who’ll listen that I can’t speak Welsh :wink:.

where do you live,

I live in Bridgend, South Wales.

and one interesting or unusual thing about you? :slight_smile:

Although I wouldn’t want to disappoint Aran, as anyone who’s met (including Aran,I’m sure) will attest there’s really nothing surprising or unusual about me :joy:

Actually, I find it very surprising that you don’t look at all like your name (wondersheep).

Where’s your cumerbund?? :astonished:

Reit, ‘te, speaking of saying hello…if anyone would like to join me, I’ll be in the bar (not restaurant) of Y Bachgen Du / The Black Boy at 6:00 - 7:00ish tonight (Thursday). Look for the tallish grey/white/blonde American woman who had a sleepless night on a plane.

Of all the questions, that’s the one you choose? :slight_smile:

No questions … I’m just sorry I won’t be able to meet you in person … I’m not sure why really but to me you’re like a legend of SSiW (with just handful of others) :slight_smile:

Thanks Tatjana, although I’ve no idea what I’ve done to deserve that!

Maybe we can meet at the 20th birthday party :slight_smile: (which I’m sure Aran and Catrin are already planning, it’ll have to beat this year’s…)

The intention is to go there for food this evening so should see you there. :clinking_glasses: