Some more sunsets from me - I never tire of them and they always seem different

• Machlud / Sunset
  • Coch / Red
  • Oren / Orange
  • Melyn / Yellow
  • Pinc / Pink
  • SilwĂ©t / Silhouette

6 Likes

Mae fy ngƔr tynnu y llun y cnocell y coed hon. My husband took this picture of a woodpecker.
Ni’n caru’r holl adar yn ein iard gefn yn Florida.We love all the birds in our backyards in Florida.

7 Likes

I have always loved black and white nature photos. Especially trees without leaves. They look so dramatic against the sky.

1 Like

What a stunning capture! I love it! Mae’r lliw ar ben y cnocell yn fendigedig! :heart:

They’re so dramatic aren’t they, especially gnarled trees such as the hawthorne (draenen wen/draenen ddu), I tell the kids that they contain the souls of old witches. :wink: I feel I don’t do enough ffotograffiaeth du a gwyn, somehow. x

1 Like

Some scenes from yesterday in the garden

Dw i’n licio ffocysu (focus) ar un peth, yna gosod yr F stops yn isel, i gael y cefndir (background) efo effaith (effect) bokeh -

2 Likes

Mae eich lluniau chi ydy hardd! Dwi’n caru sut y pwnc yny blaen “pops” mas mwy oherwydd o’r “fuzzy” cefndir.
I am uncertain how correct this sentence is, but I am giving it a go anyway. Love the first picture.

1 Like

Ni’n newydd brynu lens chwyddo ar gyfer ein camera a dal y llun hwn.
We just bought a zoom lens for our camera and captured this picture. I don’t know the word for Hummingbird in Welsh. This species of Hummingbird is the Ruby Throated Hummingbird.

7 Likes

Beautiful shot! Absolutely gorgeous!
(and the Welsh for hummingbird is aderyn bach y si :slight_smile: )

1 Like

Oh that’s so beautiful @KellyMoore, thank you for sharing! Really lucky to have such magical birds to photograph. Congratulations on the new lens and have fun getting to know it!

1 Like

Caru hwn
 :heart:

1 Like

Thank you for the translation. Does that mean literally, the little hum bird?

Diolch! We love our birds in the backyard and try to take photos whenever we can. The zoom lens has helped greatly!

1 Like

Si can mean rumour, whizz, buzz, murmur, hiss, hum 
 so yes, little hum bird :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Pottering about with macro - small world / byd bach (bead bah-ch).

Though I didn’t use a macro lens for these photos, I think that the translation for ‘macro lens’ would be ‘lens craff’ (lens krahf) - craff meaning ‘keen eyed’.

Do you like macro photography? If so do you like photographing ‘mini beasts’? In Welsh, ‘mini beasts’ would be ‘trychfilod’ (truh-ch-vill-od) - the ‘truch’ bit sounds like ‘truck’ but with the Welsh ‘ch’ sound rather than the ‘ck’.

8 Likes

Helo, post cyntaf yma. dw i’n mwynhau ffotograffiaeth. Dyma lun o ddafad o Sir Benfro mewn cae o fangel-wurzels.

4 Likes

Dafad gorjys! Did you know there is also the What’s Outside thread, which you might like to post in and there is a Photography Club through Welsh Speaking Practice?

2 Likes

Llun gwych! I had to look up mangel wurzels, so I’ve learned something too!

1 Like

Diolch Deborah

Caz Harris is inviting you to a scheduled Zoom meeting.
This weeks subject is 50mm, but you’re welcome to join even if you don’t have images to share :slight_smile:

Topic: Clwb Ffotograffiiaeth
Time: Feb 18, 2022 06:00 PM London

Join Zoom Meeting

Meeting ID: 713 1369 0513
Passcode: nQTQF8