Pink, red, green, blue and beyond... what do they mean?

:thinking: what is a hangout …omgosh I am drowning with technology

Hi Sandra,
A hangout is a group chat via video link. It’s similar to Skype but we use the Slack platform instead. It sounds daunting when you first start, but it’s a great way to practise. :slight_smile:

@aran Should I be in red then as I posted my sentences a few days ago? Have had a right faff with uploading and using SoundCloud but others have said they’ve heard them!

Sorry, I was on holiday … catching up now so lots of coloured badges appearing :slight_smile:

Will I have the opportunity to become a Black Belt!? :martial_arts_uniform:

2 Likes

Going green to blue. Answer to Gavins question

But the list of phrases in the 5 minute test were not all covered in the first week of one-sentence lessons. So how do we acquire those words?

BTW I did very well indeed in the first one-sentence lessons, only dropping one word out of the last, lengthy sentence.

~ Nikki

Dw i ddim yn siwr os 5 sentences should be improvised every time, or written down then read out (written down yn y Cymraeg vs written down yn y Saesneg then impromptu translation)? Could someone clarify? Dw i ddim yn dallt =( =(

It’s really up to you, there’s no set way of doing it. Improvising every time would be great (that’s the ultimate goal with speaking!), but not everyone is able to do that, so notes are fine too - either a few bits as ‘memory joggers’ and improvise the rest, or written out in full in whichever language you want. Writing in Welsh is good as long as you don’t get too hung up on spelling at this point, and writing in English then translating as you go is a good exercise as long as you don’t get hung up on not being able to remember a word!
Try a few different ways before doing the recording for the red bubble to see what works best for you :slight_smile:

1 Like

I love that you’re practising on the dogs. I’m going to practise with the guest cats and the garden birds :-). This will take the pressure off the long-suffering partner and family members hahahaha