PLYGAIN
Amser: 7.00
Lleoliad: Eglwys St Ioan / St John’s Church

in Trefeuring, about 4 miles NW of Aberystwyth

1 Like

http://cinw.s3.amazonaws.com/wp-content/uploads/sites/4/2016/11/Plygain.jpg

Monday 5th December, 7pm, College Chapel, Lampeter

1 Like

Diolch yn fawr iawn! Wonderful research, Margaret. I’m hoping there’ll be a Plygain service in January I can get to.

Does anyone have any programs from Plygain services? I’d love to know what carols are being sung.

The thing is, often there are no programmes. People are invited to sing and they sing whatever they wish. The organisers will procide some sort of structure, opening prayers, closing prayers, perhaps an explanation of how things will be conducted, including the fact that clapping is frowned upon,. There may also be somw communal hyms. But the main content may not be known. People are sometimes invited to contact the organisers beforehand to say they want to take part, but the congregation is always asked if there are any more contributions.

1 Like

Ah, good to know. That description is certainly consistent with what I’ve read about traditional Plygain services, so good to know that the tradition holds!

1 Like

I don’t know if this one has been promoted already, but this one could be a cracker:

This tiny old chapel is in a stunning location - on top of a barren wind swept mountain top with incredible views over Swansea bay and I expect it will be very well attended as well.

I won’t be able to go - I’ll be too busy on Christmas Eve cleaning out the chimney and putting out the mince pies.

1 Like

St Michael’s Church, Cilycwm (5 miles north of Llandovery,
6am (yes, early in the morning)
Christmas Day

1 Like

7.30yh PLYGAIN MERCHED Y WAWR yng Nghapel y Tabernacl

Rhagfyr 11 December

Capel y Tabernacl
Teras Waterloo
Caerfyrddin
SA31 1DQ

1 Like

Gwasanaeth Plygain yng Nghapel Nanternis Chapel

Capel Nanternis Chapel, Nanternis, Cwmtudu, Nr New Quay.SA45 9RP Gwasanaeth Plygain Service. Traditional Christmas service
19:30 7.30p.m.
New Quay/Cei Newydd Ceredigion Ceredigion SA46 0JP
Sunday 18 Dec 2016

1 Like

Gwasanaeth Plygain yng Nghapel Nantgaredig am 7pm
28 Rhagfyr
(Between Carmarthen and Llandeilo)

1 Like

Wednesday 21st December, 7pm
Plygain in St Tysul’s, Llandysul.

1 Like

https://scontent.flhr2-1.fna.fbcdn.net/v/t31.0-8/s960x960/15384414_10154978589794245_1084872953287881403_o.jpg?oh=01fffd22c904bc641cbeaf208378f32f&oe=58F727BF

1 Like

Sunday January 10 6 pm

Jewin Chapel, 70 Fann Street
Golden Lane LONDON
EC1 Barbican tube

a wonderful candlelight service.

1 Like

I think that’s last years date. 2017 is Jan 8, a Sunday, at 5 pm, at Jewin chapel

1 Like

I’ve been trying to find details of plygain near Machynlleth, and have been told that they’ll be held in Darowen on 8 January, and Mallwyd ( a plygain hotspot) on 13 January. Does anyone have any more details?

1 Like

I was given this list of upcoming gwasanaethau plygain, including the ones in Darowen and Mallwyd, but I’m not sure if any of the others are within reach of Machynlleth. Perhaps your best bet would be to try and contact the local minister/vicar for details?

1 Like

Diolch, John - that’s exactly the information I needed!

1 Like

And another plygain opportunity - this time in Glynarthen, Ceredigion, on Sunday 15th January. Anyone want to come with me? @Iestyn?

Plygain service (singing of ancient Welsh carols) in Glynarthen Chapel, organized by Cymdeithas Ceredigion, at 7.00pm, with refreshments to follow.

A warm welcome to all.

1 Like

I’m going to the one in Llanddarog, between Carmarthen and Cross Hands tomorrow, 5pm. And possibly the Llandeilo at the end of the month.

1 Like