Post-Pandemic Meetups

As we gradually start up actual face-to-face meetups again, rather than list them at the end of the newsletter as we used to, here is a place to collect links to the information on the various different meetups.

These are the ones I’m aware of - if anyone knows of any others, please post the details in a separate thread tagging me there. I’ll then add a link here directing people to your post.

Australian Weekly Zoom meetups

Bridgend / Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr

Bridgend 2 / Pen-y-bont ar Ogwr 2

Bristol

Caerdydd / Cardiff

Ceredigion - Cerdded a Chlonc

Ceredigion - Tregaron

Cheltenham - Gloucester (Shurdington)

Coventry

Derby - Welsh Learners Circle

Dolgellau

Flint

Gaerwen, Ynys Môn / Anglesey

Gloucestershire / Forest of Dean

Holywell, Sir y Fflint (Flintshire)

Kidwelly, Sir Gâr

Kilgetty, Sir Benfro

Llanelli

Llon-dain (Touring London Meetup)

Macclesfield

Malvern

Manchester / Manceinion

Milford Haven

Oxford / Rhydychen meetups

Oxford / Rhydychen walks

Port Talbot

Reading, Berkshire

Shrewsbury / Amwythig

Shropshire Walking Wednesday/Mercher Mynd

South East England (CACEN Group)

St Albans, Hertfordshire

Thornbury, South Gloucestershire`

Wrecsam / Wrexham - Clwb Clebran

6 Likes

SSIW members in the English midlands are welcome to join the activities being organised by Derby Welsh Learners Circle. We do fortnightly Zoom meetings and Welsh language walks. Keep an eye on our website www.derbywelshlearnerscircle.blogspot.com

1 Like

Begelly Arms Kilgetty Pembrokeshire every Wednesday 6pm - 8pm

2 Likes

Post Covid Derby Welsh Learners Circle have decided to keep meeting online. Notice of these meetings is posted on our Facebook Page (Menter Iaith Lloegr) - if people want to be invited to the Zoom monthly meetings they should email menteriaithlloegr@mail.com

In Oxford/Rhydychen, as well as regular-ish walks and meetups via Zoom, for a while now we’ve been having weekly face to face meetups in the open air in cafe/pub patios with umbrellas/tents for cover.
See the Oxford group thread for details: https://forum.saysomethingin.com/t/oxford-welsh-learners-group/675/2261 or get in touch by posting a message or via PM for more info :slightly_smiling_face:

I’ve added the link into the main list at the top now :slight_smile:

1 Like

Helo! Please can you tell me if there are any meet ups in Cardiff East - Roath/Penylan/Cyncoed? Many thanks!

1 Like

@zena-blackwell there are none organised by SSiWers that we know of, but if you check with Menter Caerdydd, they may know of others.

1 Like

Hello. Is this meet-up still happening summer 2022?

I meant the one in Kilgetty

Hi Phil, yes it is but now 6.30 - 8.30

Diolch Deborah.:slightly_smiling_face:

A post was merged into an existing topic: Speaking Welsh in Llandudno

A post was split to a new topic: Coffi Mornings in Dolgellau

A post was merged into an existing topic: Weekly Welsh chat group in Wrexham

Hello!

Are there any meetups / Welsh speaking clubs, groups etc in Castell Nedd? I am coming to the end of level 3 and looking to make some Welsh-speaking connections in the local area?

Thank you in advance @Deborah-SSi

Not specifically SSiW groups, @thane, but Menter Iaith Castell-nedd Port Talbot is a good place to find Welsh-speaking groups

A post was split to a new topic: Meetup in Holywell, Flintshire