Post party Chat (including Tatjana appreciation)

@Rohini found this in the local Caernarfon paper featuring @atomic_newt, @mintonman and me …

I’ve sent them a message on twitter to ask for 3 copies for us, hopefully they get back to me.

13 Likes

If not, let me know. I’m going to buy a copy for myself this morning to read on the train anyway. Off to the big smoke for a bit. :weary: Darren can pick up more copies if they don’t get back to you.

3 Likes

Diolch, ti’n mor garedig. :grinning:

Any digital copy anywhere???

1 Like

Well, I now have that picture but nothing beats the real thing and actually buying my copy means the money goes to where it belongs.

1 Like

I’d buy if I could, you know that … it doesn’t come to Slovenia unfortunatelly.

2 Likes

I saw a nice reminder today of the party, in the botanical garden of Gent University (we can’t take ours to Australia :frowning: )

Papaver cambricum is the old scientific name, meconopsis cambrica the current one.

5 Likes

You could take the seeds out and keep the souvenir envelope though :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I saw that @BethanGwanas posted on Twitter a photo of a lovely long column that she wrote about the parti for Yr Herald Cymraeg. There’s a nice photo of @gruntius calling up the honorees to be recognized. The photo she posted isn’t good enough for me to read the whole article. Can anyone find a copy? The title is “Noson o ddathlu I ddysgwyr SSIW.”

3 Likes

My parents have kept a copy so I will take clear pictures when I see it. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

It is here https://www.pressreader.com/uk/daily-post-north-wales/20190612/page/26 but you have to pay for it unless you’re Daily Post subscriber and I beleive you can read by default. Hope it helps in any way.

Hwyl!
Tatjana :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Diolch Gary for those kind words. I was chatting with Alan earlier and he told me there was a message on here. I have indeed expressed my interest in attending the September bwtcamp and hopefully that will happen. Yes let’s keep in touch and make sure we catch up in person in Cardiff at end of year. Thank you for putting up with my Wenglish for so many miles - Karyn

2 Likes

I like the tag line at the end of the Carnarfon article - Ymlaen at filiwn o siaradwyr! (Onward to a million speakers!)

1 Like

Thanks for putting up with my halting speech, especially through the centre of Bristol!!
Glad you’re targetting September at Tresaith. Don’t worry about trying to decide what the highlights were, after the event. Because EVERYTHING will be a highlight!!

1 Like

@greeneyes … was this you? Written by Bethan Gwanas.

2 Likes

Yes! She was in the bunk bed below me! I told her I had met her in 2013 at the eisteddfod. And I brought the first of the three Blodwyn Jones books from my collection at home for her to sign, though I assumed I would bring them to the party for her. Who knew she would turn out to be my bunkmate! She also offered to sign the lumberjack book of hers that you urged me to buy that afternoon in Palas Print! She wrote that she hopes it wouldn’t give me nightmares :rofl:. She was lovely. I’m honored she mentioned our encounter in print! :blush:Thanks for sharing this!

5 Likes

Ah, thanks for letting me know, Cat. Sorry for rechristening you with a new name :joy:. And for the delay in replying. Wow, you made it up to every tower - da iawn ti!! We went up only a few. I’ll have to complete my castle exploration the next time I’m in Caernarfon.
Aberystwyth was quite fun to explore, and I had the pleasure of meeting with Huw and Maureen, and with Chris (hectorgrey on the forum). I also discovered a couple lovely places to visit next time I am there (Little Devil’s cafe and Tŷ Coed (aka Treehouse). If you go to the latter, make sure you spend some time on the top floor, with plants on the windowsills and lovely bird’s eye views down Streed Popty (in the top three best street names ever) & the cross street, and a little library of books to read while you relax there with your tea or food. They also have a little organic food grocery on the ground level, with a small but very nice cheese counter and a knowledgable and very entertaining cheesemonger.

2 Likes

Love it!! :heart_eyes: That’s a very catchy chorus you’ve got there… and educational too - I’ve just learned a new phrase: “don’t worry”!!! :grin: Da iawn ti!

2 Likes

Diolch.

Now go with that … Don’t worry! (especially not about mixing north and south). :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Haha! Perfect! :blush:

1 Like